AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

My Business
3.5K members online now
3.5K members online now
Has someone else verified your business? Learn how to recover ownership
Guide Me
star_border

Owner refusing to transfer GMB listing - No way to appeal this

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi, I wrote in this forum 3weeks ago and unfortunately haven't received a response.

We have a client who outsourced some SEO help a few years ago and this company had set up their GMB listing. Unfortunately, they do not remember the name of this company.

I have requested ownership twice (from two different email accounts) and both times the request was denied by the current owner. I saw online that sometimes you can appeal these decisions through the email you receive saying that it has been rejected. I have not seen this.

Furthermore, each time I request changes to the Opening Hours section of this listing, changes are approved within a matter of minutes, only for these changes to revert back to their incorrect information within 24hours.

I'm hoping someone can help. Has anyone any idea what next steps I could take? 

Thanks in advance,

Deirdre

Also, this is the Google Maps link  for this location - https://goo.gl/maps/S7g7mzJa5yn.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Deirdre B
3w

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭

Did you try to claim ownership from the business owners account, with a @domain of the business? 

I would contact the GMB twitter account @GoogleMyBiz for the link to where you can appeal the decision. They are really helpful when the call centre is not. It will take a few days for them to reply to you, but I've been very happy with the support from the twitter account.

I'm not sure, since I've never run into the issue of denial for a listing, but this might be the form you need: https://support.google.com/business/contact/verification_code_issues?from=cuf

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Deirdre B
3w

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭

Did you try to claim ownership from the business owners account, with a @domain of the business? 

I would contact the GMB twitter account @GoogleMyBiz for the link to where you can appeal the decision. They are really helpful when the call centre is not. It will take a few days for them to reply to you, but I've been very happy with the support from the twitter account.

I'm not sure, since I've never run into the issue of denial for a listing, but this might be the form you need: https://support.google.com/business/contact/verification_code_issues?from=cuf

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Lesley,

Thank you for your reply. Requesting ownership with the domain of the business is actually something I did not try to do. Thanks for this tip.

I contacted @GoogleMyBiz during the week and unfortunately were not too much help. But somehow i was able to contact Google through their 'Help' process and they called me during the week also which is great! They are trying to contact the owner of the listing on my behalf. I hope to hear back soon.

Thank you for this link, it will prove useful in the future!

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭

I hope the issue is resolved soon!