AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

My Business
2K members online now
2K members online now
Has someone else verified your business? Learn how to recover ownership
Guide Me
star_border

Other business trying to list themselves onto ours

Not applicable
# 1
Not applicable
Hi Google, Can someone please help our small family business, we've tried calling (through to India of course) and nothing has been done about the problem. We are a family run activity centre established in 1992 near Cardiff. We work with agencies who book our activities for their clients. There is an agency misleading clients as they have managed to somehow get a pin for themselves on our google maps listing. They state on the wording of their pin listing that we are a chain centre of theirs, they have their web address and phone number but our address as we're the venue. We are having problems where our clients are getting onto their website rather than ours and its misleading everyone. They are an office based agency in Harrogate, nowhere near us in Wales. We are a supplier to them that's all, we're not a chain, they don't own or control us, we are an independent business. We repored this online via the edit options on google maps, nothing has been done. I spent an hour one day trying to find a phone number to call google maps, found one eventually, explained it all the very bad English speaking call centre worker who said it would be taken off. That was over a month ago and their still on there. We are very frustrated at not being able to speak to someone easy at Google and fed up of doing the reporting. Can someone please look, we are Taff Valley Quad Bike & Activity Centre and they are called many names, Quad Nation, Activity People, Big Shoot... you will see they have a pin with ours. It needs to be removed completely as they are not affiliated to us in any way. We have even now started having their junk mail through the post thanks to the google listing. Can someone please answer us or call us asap. Tel UK 02920 831658. Email hopkinsmith@btconnect.com
1 Expert replyverified_user

Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi 

Take a look at the Help and follow it

------------------------------------------------

I'm helping your Business   G+ profil

if you give my answer like or solved thanks

Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn  how here.

Re: Other business trying to list themselves onto ours

Not applicable
# 3
Not applicable

Hi, thanks for the reply but that didn't help, I've already trawled through google and not being able to find any help. Our business is verified and we only have one email address so its not that that's the problem. Its getting really frustrating now that we can't easily contact google to sort this, while the other business is still poaching customers from us because of their google listing on our location. I have tried reporting them via their listing as not existing but google keeps letting them put it back. Its detrimental to our small family business. Can you explain to me how they have a black pin on our location, we have the main red pin. Whats a black pin mean? Can google remove it once and for all from our location.

@Zdenek1 wrote:

Hi 

Take a look at the Help and follow it

------------------------------------------------

if you give my answer like or solved thanks

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

This is your listing: https://goo.gl/maps/aRPEPWiGYbk

And this is theirs: https://goo.gl/maps/z29ZLYxfJAQ2

Correct? I will escalate this to get checked out.

TomW, Google My Business Top Contributor
Was your question answered? If so, please mark the post that answered it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

Not applicable
# 5
Not applicable
Hi,

Thanks for the reply, its much appreciated. Yes thats correct, notice their listing has our farm address as theirs and mentions the words Chain Centre, which we’re not. Totally independent family owned business. Its just making our own customers confused and we’re losing bookings as people think they are clicking to our site and their going to theirs. Is it possible for you guys to remove their listing and linking to our centre?

Thanks
Carlyn

Taff Valley Quad Bike & Activity Centre (near Cardiff)
Tel: 02920 831658
Email: hopkinsmith@btconnect.com
Web: www.adventurewales.co.uk

Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor

Hi Carlyn, I have asked Google to look into that one and other listings they're associated with. I will let you know when I hear back.

Was your question answered? If so, please mark the post that answered it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

Not applicable
# 7
Not applicable
Thank you very much Tom

Taff Valley Quad Bike & Activity Centre (near Cardiff)
Tel: 02920 831658
Email: hopkinsmith@btconnect.com
Web: www.adventurewales.co.uk

Top Contributor
# 8
Top Contributor

Hi Caryln, their listing has been removed.