AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

My Business
4.2K members online now
4.2K members online now
Has someone else verified your business? Learn how to recover ownership
Guide Me
star_border

Opening times were unrightfully changed

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Pizzeria Mister Pizza, Boegstaete 1, 7681 DD Vroomshoop (maps -> https://goo.gl/UxqctC) (website -> https://goo.gl/gdS7FR) Phone number isn't always reachable, only during business hours, so please reply to this post.

The opening hours of the pizzeria I work at got unrightfully changed, I got notified via mail.

They used to be:

Monday: closed

Tuesday: 16:00-21:00

Wednesday - Sunday: 16:00-22:00

'They' changed it to everyday, 7:15-22:00. This isn't correct, nor did we intend to change the hours. (I have changed it to the correct times)

How can I find out who changed it? And how can I prevent them from changing it again?

[ Edited ]
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 2
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

It may have been a Google Local Guide. Google Maps users may edit locations, and Google's system determines whether those updates are pushed out or reviewed by other local guides. This may result in errors like you mentioned, but almost all mapping/review software do this (Foursquare uses a similar system, for example) to, overall, assist with accuracy.

I am unaware of a way to prevent this from occurring, other than keeping an eye on the listing :(. However, changes you make in GMB are generally prioritized over Local Guide/general user edits

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Okay, thank you for your reply. I'll make sure to check upon the company settings regularly.

About the 'who' though, do you know how I can check who changed this? As it is purposely changed to false times.

[ Edited ]
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 4
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

I do not believe there's a way to see who - I can't see even my own edit history.

However, you may want to look into the Local Guides forums - their moderators may be able to assist with that (though they still do not share information about who is editing)

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thank you for your replies. I'll look into the forums!