Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

Hello All!

1. Full business name: ACLV Heating & Cooling
2. Current business address: 6255 McLeod Dr #23, Las Vegas, NV 89120
3. Current telephone number: (702) 529-4399
4. Google+ URL: https://plus.google.com/+ACLVHeatingCoolingLasVegas

We have requested access to this listing and have been denied several times. The rightful owner of the business would like us to manage this listing and they would like ownership. We are filing an impersonation report regarding this, but we wanted to know what recourse we have if the impersonation report is denied. Can we please have some insight into how we can prevent un-authorized ownership for this listing please? Thank you very much for any help and we are standing by ready to comply with whatever needs to be done to get this listing back into the hands of the rightful owner. 

Tim Roberts

V Digital Services

tim.roberts@vdigitalservices.com

602-416-7784

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Onwership Access denied to the Owner of the Business

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi @Tim R

Have you completed the steps under "Can't contact the current listing owner" from this article yet? https://support.google.com/business/answer/4566671

TomW, Google My Business Top Contributor
Was your question answered? If so, please mark the post that answered it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

Onwership Access denied to the Owner of the Business

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 3
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

Yes we have sir, this was the first step we took.

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Did Google say the current listing owner denied the request or didn't respond to the request?

Was your question answered? If so, please mark the post that answered it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 5
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

Hello Tom,

Google said that it was denied by listing owner sir. We requested this twice from two separate accounts that included my contact information as well as a statement from the owner indicating the need to have ownership of their own listing. These are the responses:

"Hi,

Greetings for the Day ! Hope you are doing great ! :)

We initiated your ownership access request for the Google+ Page access as per your request. As per the listing owner at present they will be managing the listing on their own. In future, if they agree to give you access, you will be notified.

Google My Business connects the two parties in case of ownership disputes as a courtesy to its users. However, the final decision to transfer ownership or add managers belongs to the current listing owner.

For more understanding, you can read through our GMB Help Center to understand the product better and follow us on our official blog for regular updates. Through the Google Forum, you can also get in touch with other business owners. I hope you find the information on these forums helpful.

You are valued !!  As always, do feel free to reach out incase there’s anything at all!

We really appreciate your patience and understanding.

Sincerely,
Maqsood"

And

"Hi Tim,

Thank for your contacting Google My Business Support Team.

Hope you are doing great.

This email is in regards to your request to gain the access of the business page - ¨ACLV Heating & Cooling¨.

Further to our investigation the current page owner is stating that they would like to retain ownership of the page. In case you still want the access to the page, please contact the business owner and ask to contact the current page owner directly.

Please do get in touch with me for any other clarifications or help you may need with your account related features at any time. I'm only an email away.

Have a nice day.

Regards,

Sarita

Google My Business

"

The issue arises from the fact that the listing owner is not the business owner. Thank you again for looking into this and I'm standing by for some good news sir.

Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor

@Tim R

Do you have any idea who the owner of the listing is? Regardless, I would contact Google My Business phone support and explain the situation. If no one at the business has access to the listing they should be able to help. They would likely call the phone number on the listing to talk to with the business owner to confirm they don't have control of their listing. They would also ask the business owner if he/she gives permission for you to have ownership of the listing. If they do this, they wouldn't transfer ownership of the listing to you, but they would release the listing from the current owner so you would then be able to go through the standard verification process to claim it.

You can request a call from GMB phone support by filling out the form here: https://support.google.com/business/contact/business_c2c_na

Good luck!

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 7
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

Hello Tom,

Thank you again sir for the information. I will contact Google and request the above, but this has also already been performed with the result being the same. Google indicated that since the request was already denied, they could not assist. I will call and keep my fingers crossed and hope that someone can see this from a logical, real-world perspective. I will update with my results. Thank you!

Top Contributor
# 8
Top Contributor

@Tim R You're welcome. I have had luck with this method but it was when there was no response from the owner regarding the transfer request. So yes, your situation is not the same since the current listing owner actually denied the transfer request. If GMB phone support says no again then post back here to let us know and maybe one of the top contributors on this forum can provide additional help.

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 9
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

Hello Tom!

I contacted Donnalynn (sp) with Google My Business support and unfortunately, this result was the same. They said that once the owner denies the request, there is no further action that can be taken by Google. She encouraged me to reach out to the current owner. I have completed the impersonation report and I submitted the proof of representation for the client. 

In my experience, this mirrors the issues that I've seen with my work in the domain registration business. What I find is that most companies will not support one side or another in a dispute regarding ownership, simply because they do not want to incur the additional liability and resource cost associated with such disputes. I get it. But this is somewhat different in that Google is the only purveyor of the GMB service and there are no other companies that act as registrar for this service. Can some one please explain how allowing squatters to hold on to another's intellectual property without recourse adds value to the services that are being provided? Is it not Google's en devour to provide only the most accurate and reliable information available? This is not a "real world" best practice. 

I understand that GMB is a free service and that engaging in mediation or decision making has no financial reward in the short term, but these business owners will eventually purchase Paid Campaigns through Google and that is worth the effort, should we be able to resolve conflicts like this. This is not directed at you Tom, and is more directed at the entities that are responsible for the GMB program. Your help is greatly appreciated, regardless of the outcome. Have a great day sir!

Tim Roberts

V Digital Services

tim.roberts@vdigitalservices.com

602-416-7784

Top Contributor
# 10
Top Contributor

Hey @Tim R

Sorry my suggestions didn't work. @Helmut Geissler may be able to help you when he's available. If so I believe he will need a case ID to investigate further. Did any of your denial emails you received have a case ID (a string of numbers in the subject line)? If so, post here and maybe can advise when he gets a chance.