AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

My Business
3K members online now
3K members online now
Has someone else verified your business? Learn how to recover ownership
Guide Me
star_border

One location refuses to be transferred from personal account to Business account that I own.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
@Helmut Geissler (I am tagging you because you were kind enough to reply to this post expressing a similar issue. If this is poor form, I apologize.)

I'm having a problem with transferring ownership from the account tied to my email address to a business account that I own. 

The story goes like this: when our company was very small, I created and maintained our listings under my personal email. Now we have created a business account (I am primary owner), and I successfully transferred 5 of our 6 locations to that business account. The 6th location refuses to transfer.

My process:
Within "Personal" account, select location(s) to be transferred.
Screenshot 2018-01-04 11.31.47.png

Select "business" account as target and click "Transfer Ownership"
Screenshot 2018-01-04 11.09.53.png

Returned message: "0 locations moved"
Screenshot 2018-01-04 11.09.58.png

However, now when I try to "Manage Permissions" for that location, the Business account is listed as "Primary Owner" and I am relegated to "Manager." I can still make edits to the location (hours, etc), and it still appears in my list of locations, but I can't manage permissions beyond an apparent ability to remove myself from the user list (a risk I am not eager to take).
Screenshot 2018-01-04 11.20.42.png

The location still does not appear on the list for the Business account, despite it being indicated above as "primary owner".
Screenshot 2018-01-04 11.28.43.png
Other things I have tested:
  • Transferring other locations back to Personal account from Business account and attempting to move just the Problem location over. Result: still failed. Issue is specific to this location.
  • Creating "new location" from within Business account with same specs as existing location. Result: It tells me I already manage this location and asks if I want to go to that listing. When I click yes, it takes me there, but it's still not in the overall list, and I still can't manage users.
At this point I'm afraid that my only option is to delete the location and recreate it under the Business account, but that would be a bummer, since we have reviews and things tied to the existing one.I'm hoping there's something incredibly obvious that I am stupidly missing. I would really appreciate any insight. 

My business information is as follows:

1. Full business name: Fully
2. Current business address: 1010 SE Water Ave Portland OR 97214 
3. Current telephone number: (888) 508-3725
4. Google Maps URL (for the problematic location)https://www.google.com/maps/place/Fully+(Formerly+Ergo+Depot)/@45.5155986,-122.6677068,17z/data=!3m1...
5. Website (if applicable): https://www.fully.com/contact 
1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author AQuila E
January

One location refuses to be transferred from personal account to Business account that I own.

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

HI @AQUILA E

I don't undertstand what you are trying to achieve 

The listing in questin is obviously managed by a promary owner based on htis GoogleAccount "er…@gmail.com" (who ever this is)

You as "AQuila E" are just a manager only.

regardig the roles specified for the "Users" of a listing managershav no rights at all (except removing themself as manager for the listing)

The latter can simpy done by removing the listing from thir own dashbaord.

Onmy owners and Primary owner cann make other users to owners.

Managers can't.

All this said:waht are oyu trying to achieve and why don't you ask the primary owner (its the user with the Google Account "er…@gmail.com" to achieve  your goal)

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author AQuila E
January

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

HI @AQUILA E

I don't undertstand what you are trying to achieve 

The listing in questin is obviously managed by a promary owner based on htis GoogleAccount "er…@gmail.com" (who ever this is)

You as "AQuila E" are just a manager only.

regardig the roles specified for the "Users" of a listing managershav no rights at all (except removing themself as manager for the listing)

The latter can simpy done by removing the listing from thir own dashbaord.

Onmy owners and Primary owner cann make other users to owners.

Managers can't.

All this said:waht are oyu trying to achieve and why don't you ask the primary owner (its the user with the Google Account "er…@gmail.com" to achieve  your goal)

Re: One location refuses to be transferred from personal account to Business account that I own.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
I'm having a similar issue. I'm trying to transfer locations from one main account which holds multiple separate business locations into their own Business accounts. When I try to do so following the steps outlined from google (https://support.google.com/business/answer/6085320?authuser=2) it gives me the same error code. 0 locations moved.

Please advise.