AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

My Business
4.3K members online now
4.3K members online now
Has someone else verified your business? Learn how to recover ownership
Guide Me
star_border

Old business is appearing and I want to replace it with my new business

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello, 

I have a problem with Google Business and what's appearing when I search for my business. Before, I owned a different account for my business and I deleted that account. Still, it's appearing when I search my business on google. Now that I have made a different account for my business, when I search my business on google it's still showing me the previous business listing. How can I remove the old one from appearing and replace it with the new business account I made?

I would love to hear any sort of help from this community. Thank you!

1 Expert replyverified_user

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Please provide Links to both of your locations

_________________________________________________________________________________

Attention: Please make sure to mention me by adding @[myname] to your responses. Otherwise the notification might not make it and your thread will go unseen.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi @Helmut Geissler 

This is the link of the old business listing on maps:

https://www.google.com.ph/maps/place/Cup'a+Joes+Drive+Thru+Coffee/@-33.7782757,150.9973881,17z/data=...

And this is the new business listing:

https://www.google.com/maps?cid=14846739738564406949&authuser=2&_ga=2.122091595.1998350181.151536715...

Whenever I search for "Cupa Joes North Mead" the old listing keeps appearing instead of the new one. I've also reached out to Google to allow me to merge these two listings into one. Is there any workaround for this?

Also when I click "View on Search" for my new business listing, it fully lists "Cupa Joes Drive Thru Coffee 187-189 Windsor Road Northmead NSW 2152" on the search. Is there a way to change the keyword for my business to appear on search? Because when I search "Cupa Joes Northmead" the old listing is appearing instead of the new one. 

Would like to discuss further with you @Helmut Geissler

Thank you!

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

I can't believe what you wrote as the first listing doesn't look ever have been in your account and you deleted htis account

More strange: both listings are hosted and managed obviously in the same Google Account (violating this way Googles guidelines)

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi @Helmut Geissler,

I own the accounts that manage the two listings. The one I'm using right now is a different account as well.

Do I contact you using the accounts that manage the listings? 

Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor

Frankly said I doubt either of you both users (Joe or Anne) are the (real) owner of the Cafe in question

Can you provide good proof to the contrary?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello @Helmut Geissler,

Both of the listings are at the same address and the same name. There's no other store in our area that has the same name as ours. It even has the same website. I just have a problem with the old listing because we don't use that account anymore. We created a new account for Google business and that's what we're using for the new listing. But the old listing appears rather than the new one that we made.

You can check out our facebook page: www.facebook.com/cupajoesdrivethrucoffee and see that the logo of the page is the same as my display picture here on Google Business.

You can also verify our names on this Youtube video we made: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2T8oIMMUYgc

Top Contributor
# 8
Top Contributor

Your answer isn't related to my doubts about either of you both users here in the thread being the real owner of the business.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 9
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Σας παρακαλώ

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 10
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

@Helmut Geissler what kind of proof do you want? There's no other reason why someone would want to claim our business listing.

I would like your cooperation since appearing on Google's searches is crucial to our store's visits.

Thank you