AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

My Business
2.7K members online now
2.7K members online now
Has someone else verified your business? Learn how to recover ownership
Guide Me
star_border

Old account forgot password, but passcode sent to email doesn't provide access to the account

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

We are helping a business who used their Yahoo email address 8+ years ago to verify their business listings in their Google My Business account formerly known as Google Places. When we try to reset the account with the pass code sent to to the email address the passcode does not work. Google replied we cannot verify your identity. 

Granted the phone number and date of creation is not known and the phone portion is skipped  but for the date we chose approximately when it was created. The phone number changed and it belonged to the person who initially created the account for the business owner 8 years ago and now its not known.

Any idea anyone?

1 Expert replyverified_user

Old account forgot password, but passcode sent to email doesn't provide access to the account

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

this should help getting the listing under the control of the actual owner of the listing: