AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

My Business
3.5K members online now
3.5K members online now
Has someone else verified your business? Learn how to recover ownership
Guide Me
star_border

Old Narcissistic Owner will not relinquish ownership of business page.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

1. Full business name  - Legacy Bistro
2. Current business address - 30424 Mt. Vernon Road, Princess Anne MD 21853
3. Current telephone number  410 651 0400
4. Google Maps URL - https://www.google.com/maps/place/Legacy+Bistro/@38.214148,-75.6988787,17z/data=!3m1!4b1!4m5!3m4!1s0...
5. Website (if applicable) - facebook.com/LegacyBistroPAnne

Hello, to whom it may concern,

I do PR for Legacy Bistro in Princess Anne, MD. I also work for the company.

The old owner is very .....irate. He was evicted from the premises due to not paying rent (or anyone else, for that matter). and his old business partner and I took over the business.

We've repeatedly asked him to turn over the google listing, facebook pages, etc, etc. He refuses to, however, beause he wants to get back into the business (even though hes repeatedly tried to scam everyone).

Is it possible for us to get a hold of the google listing? I really want to add new pictures and answer questions up there. We are also trying to report his website, since people are calling in and asking for the old menu (even though its changed quite a lot).

Please help us out if you can.

1 Expert replyverified_user

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Who  is the  new owner?

He  can and should apply https://support.google.com/business/answer/4566671?hl=en

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

The new owner is now the chef. 

The previous owner will NOT relinquish ownership. There is no number to call google. 

The restaurant is under the same name, but new owner. we are working on rebranding but we dont have the capital to do so. I'm tired of people going to the old website and having me correct them on the phone. This results in lost sales.

Is there any number I can call?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Its gotten to the point where he will no longer answer our calls. 

Im afraid that if he gets a notification that we're trying to claim it, he'lll truly mess it up.

He's already tried to cut our phone lines.