My Business
3K members online now
3K members online now
Has someone else verified your business? Learn how to recover ownership
Guide Me
star_border

Old / Incorrect reviews listed on My Business listing.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi, 

I have recently confirmed by new My Business listing for a client. Weirdly some reviews have appeared for their business which are for an incorrect or old business which we are not related to. I have notified Google that the reviews are off topic but I am guessing that this is not enough. What should I do?

Re: Old / Incorrect reviews listed on My Business listing.

Explorer ✭ ☆ ☆
# 2
Explorer ✭ ☆ ☆

Hi @Matt A

Just to clarify-did you create a new page, or did you claim a page that already existed and update your client's information? If you did the latter, that might explain why unrelated reviews are showing up. Customers may have left reviews in the incorrect place and because nobody was managing that particular page until now, the error hasn't been caught or corrected. 

Also, what method did you use for notifying Google? If you flagged the reviews, that most likely won't get those reviews removed unless those particular reviews violate Google's review guidelines. If you know the correct business information for where these reviews should be directed, you could try to have them moved to that business's page.

I would start here, and based on your answers to my above questions determine what your best course of action would be. If your situation does not fit in the scenarios listed on that page, you should select "no" at the bottom of the page when you see "did this resolve your issue" and follow the prompts to speak with an expert who can advise further.

Hope this helps!

Re: Old / Incorrect reviews listed on My Business listing.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thanks, the problem seems to have sorted itself out. It was a new listing with old reviews ????