AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

My Business
2K members online now
2K members online now
Has someone else verified your business? Learn how to recover ownership
Guide Me
star_border

Old Address Still Showing up on Google Search Results

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi,

We moved to a new location 341 Visitacion Ave, Brisbane, CA 94005 approximately 5 years ago from our old address: 4 Joost Ave, San Francisco, CA 94131 We have tried to claim the old page (which shows permanently closed) but the landlord refuses to send the google verification mail to us to allow us to do so. For our new address we have claimed the page and marked it as open.    

However, when we type in our business name (Bruce Maddox CPA) the old address still shows up. When will the change take place. In the backend in our Google My Business we have the new address and everything is verified.

Please let us know if we need to implement any additional step.

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by ElizabethP (Community Manager)
November 2015

Re: Old Address Still Showing up on Google Search Results

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

@James M

few remarks please:

if you moved from the old address "4 Joost Ave, San Francisco, CA 94131" to a new address (where ever it is) it correct and intended to have the old location marked as "closed"

Such marker doesn't tell your customers your business is closed but tells them the concrete location of the business is closed.

btw searching for yor full name "Bruce Maddox CPA" I get the new  location:

Screenshot 2015-11-20 at 09.34.39.png

So should get you any other user too.

Next point:

don't care about not getting sent the PIN postcard from the landord of the old address.

Even in case you would get it forwarded to you you wont't be able remove the marker "closed" nor editing it address to the new address "341 Visitacion Ave, Brisbane, CA 94005" as there is already a verified local business page for your business: its this one: plus.google.com/101617466519213515397/about

Regards

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by ElizabethP (Community Manager)
November 2015

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

@James M

few remarks please:

if you moved from the old address "4 Joost Ave, San Francisco, CA 94131" to a new address (where ever it is) it correct and intended to have the old location marked as "closed"

Such marker doesn't tell your customers your business is closed but tells them the concrete location of the business is closed.

btw searching for yor full name "Bruce Maddox CPA" I get the new  location:

Screenshot 2015-11-20 at 09.34.39.png

So should get you any other user too.

Next point:

don't care about not getting sent the PIN postcard from the landord of the old address.

Even in case you would get it forwarded to you you wont't be able remove the marker "closed" nor editing it address to the new address "341 Visitacion Ave, Brisbane, CA 94005" as there is already a verified local business page for your business: its this one: plus.google.com/101617466519213515397/about

Regards

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

It seems that your account is being watched by google as they have fixed this issue immediately after you posted. -Thanks for your answer.