AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

My Business
4.2K members online now
4.2K members online now
Has someone else verified your business? Learn how to recover ownership
Guide Me
star_border

Not receiving requested phone call

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Twice this week we have tried to reclaim Google+ listing - and have not received the support call back from Google.

The Dutch Bakery

http://plus.google.com/103263179891480291822/

Are there unusual delays or something right now? Should we keep trying?

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author ccarsona2
February 2016

Re: Not receiving requested phone call

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Hi @ccarsona2

Unless the notification process has changed, Google won't call you when ownership has been transferred to you. They'll simply email you to let you know you are now the owner of the page.

This can take up to a couple of weeks as they go through a fairly lengthy process to contact the original owner.

Priya Chandra, Google My Business Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.
-----------------------------------
Follow me on Twitter  |   Connect on G+  |   Read my Blog

View solution in original post

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi @ccarsona2

Are you trying to regain ownership of this page: https://plus.google.com/103263179891480291822/about?

If so you need to follow the steps outlined in this help article: https://support.google.com/business/answer/4566671?hl=en

The support helpline will not be able to assist you until you've followed those steps. 

Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
That is the correct page.

Thanks, I was aware of the resource - and have followed the steps each time. No call.
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author ccarsona2
February 2016

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Hi @ccarsona2

Unless the notification process has changed, Google won't call you when ownership has been transferred to you. They'll simply email you to let you know you are now the owner of the page.

This can take up to a couple of weeks as they go through a fairly lengthy process to contact the original owner.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thanks for your assistance. We have received an email notification regarding the process with the original owner. Not sure why the option for a call exists when the default appears to be a form email response.