My Business
4.9K members online now
4.9K members online now
Has someone else verified your business? Learn how to recover ownership
Guide Me
star_border

Not receiving invitation (using Gmail-account) from various users to manage a location

[ Edited ]
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

My issue seems to be very related to https://www.en.advertisercommunity.com/t5/Ownership-Conflicts/Invitation-emails-are-never-received/t....

A owner of multiple locations is inviting me to manage a location. He removed the invitation and resent the invitation. He does see this in GMB:

error gmb invitation.png 

The invitation is never received in the gmail account. Also after checking the notification settings in Google+ there is no email received after inviting to manage a different location.

google plus notifications.png

The invitation is received when it is sent to a different account!

Now trying the work-around for the mean time. Seems that the bug is still crawling somewhere.

Offtopic, I'm clueless as to why Google doesn't give any notification in the GMB dashboard itself, but instead relies on email..

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Aldert B
June 2017

Not receiving invitation (using Gmail-account) from various users to manage a location

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 5
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

New workaround!!! Look under pending invitations:

https://myaccount.google.com/brandaccounts

View solution in original post

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 2
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

Workaround as suggested before by @Helmut Geissler no longer works as classic G+ has been killed. I did receive the link to the Google+ page but no notification or anything.

Re: Not receiving invitation (using Gmail-account) from various users to manage a location

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

@Aldert B 

Thanks for the hint abaout the not anymore working workaround.

I edited this helpful remark of you in the older thread (last post over there from today)

I also like to hint you on a other thread " Google My Business Invitations "

where a User @Nikolas M and me figured out as an other workaround to use an other Google Account to get the invite "through".

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 4
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

Thanks for your reply. It's good to see it has been brought under the attention of Google (again..). Thanks!

The workaround of sending the invite is not sufficient for us. It's only a confirmation that it is an issue with a specific account. All our locations should be in one account as that one is also synchronized to advertise the locations in Adwords.

(And I don't want to create larger workarounds like syncing a 2nd account, if possible at all)

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Aldert B
June 2017

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 5
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

New workaround!!! Look under pending invitations:

https://myaccount.google.com/brandaccounts

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor

Hi @Aldert B

thanks for this workaround 

I have asked the other affected user @Nikolas M  to check it works for him too.

I nevertheless am still preparing an escalation for the two cases of user Nocalas M to Google.

I would very much like adding  your case to this escalation to Google also.

To do this I would like to know the account of you not getting the invite received and the one you alternatively have tried and it worked.

you can contact me offline the forum through this form after reading it's disclaimer:
http://goo.gl/ornqS8

Re: Not receiving invitation (using Gmail-account) from various users to manage a location

Top Contributor
# 7
Top Contributor

@Aldert B

Thanks for your Private message mentioning two mail addresses and one of it was not getting the invite according the ."dedicated method of GoogleMyBusiness"

You mentioned above a workaround via ""Pnding invitations" on "https://myaccount.google.com/brandaccounts"

Can you please confirm me this workaraund also worked for the on email not getting the invite via the dedicated method of GoogleMyBusiness

Thanks so much for your cooperation

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 8
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

I'm not entirely certain what is meant by the 'dedicated method'.

We asked the owner of the location to invite the user (that did not receive the invitation). With that user account we could finally accept the location via the workaround.

I have given the wrong email address that did receive the invite for the location on the first place without hassle. I will give you the correct address.

Top Contributor
# 9
Top Contributor

Hi  @Aldert B  

with dedicated method I meant the method as described in Googles HC: 

I escalated the issue (and our both findings) as well as the issue of @Nikolas M

reported in here to Google:

The below link is for my own reference only:

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 10
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

So many thanks to your solution! :D