AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

My Business
4.6K members online now
4.6K members online now
Has someone else verified your business? Learn how to recover ownership
Guide Me
star_border

Not being prompted that 'someone has verified my business' even though someone has

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

This is my client's business listing - https://goo.gl/maps/a4PGyt7FoSS2

Even when I go in and try to set it up through GMB, it doesn't prompt me that 'someone has already verified this listing.' It just tries to create a new listing.

How else can I contact the person who has verified that listing and regain it?

Troy

1 Expert replyverified_user

Not being prompted that 'someone has verified my business' even though someone has

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi  @Troy C

you  or your client seem  missed  or misunderstood this HC article.

There  ar three different chapters:

1#  Storefront business listings

2# Service-area business listings

3# Bulk-verified accounts

only 2#  is applicable for  your  case.

Please read and  apply it careful

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thanks, we definitely reviewed that article and paid special attention to the Service Area business part.

I completed all steps, and the profile showed a box that said "Duplicate location - This location is a duplicate of a location that's already on Google." 

I clicked the "Request Access"  button, and the page simply reloaded. Did not receive a confirmation email from Google, and did not receive an update after 7 days as noted in other GMB documentation.

What is my next step?