Has someone else verified your business? Learn how to recover ownership
Guide Me
star_border

No response to transfer ownership requests

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Our Google My Business Listings have been up for some time. We terminated the agency managing them, and now we need to take them back over and manage them ourselves. The agency did not give us the logins. So we've been doing 'transfer of ownership' requests on our 5 locations, and there is no response. We can see the partial email (one of the agency employees, probably) of who owns the account, but can't get them to respond. We really need to manage these listings because reviews are coming in that we'd like to respond to.

Help!

2 Expert replyverified_user

Rising Star
# 2
Rising Star

Hi Sharon, 

Once you've requested ownership, you will need to wait the 14 days Google requires for the current owner to respond. If the agency doesn't respond to the requests, then you can reach out to Google support for assistance who can help to unverify the listings which you may have to re-verify with a postcard. 

If the agency responds and declines ownership, you can still reach out to Google for assistance who can give you options (either by phone or domain email) verification. 

Hope this helps!

K

Krystal Taing
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how to here.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

ok this page it says that I can verify my affiliation after 7 days... which is it? 14 or 7? Also, where is the exact link to reach out to Google support?

Another gmail (which I dont know) owns my business's listing but I am managing the listing from another gmail. I want to make edits to the listing but i can't right now because I have to verify it. I've already waited 8 days to verify my affiliation with the business.

Rising Star
# 4
Rising Star

Hi Matt!

Yes, the article you reference mentions 7 days and this is what Google provides in the automated email confirming you've requested access. If it's been 7 days, please go back to that email and select 'View Request'. You will have options to follow up on the request. 

Most of the time, the response from Google is that they want to wait another 4 - 5 days and will then allow you to claim the listing. 

If you have any additional questions, you can contact support at: 844-491-9665 , or by clicking on the '3 line horizontal' menu in the top left corner of your GMB account. 

Cheers, 

K

Krystal Taing
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how to here.

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thanks for the very quick response, Krystal!

When I go back to the email I received 9 days ago and click "view request" it brings me to this, when I click "ok" it goes back to the main listing.

Are there supposed to be instructions or other options?

Thanks!!

Rising Star
# 6
Rising Star

Based on this, I would assume Google is requiring a full 14 days so I would check back on the 9th to see if you can claim the listing. 

If you don't see an update then, you should contact support to ask them a status. 

Krystal Taing

Re: No response to transfer ownership requests

Top Contributor
# 7
Top Contributor

Hi @Matt m

Thanks so much for providing the very specific and helpful feedback "When I go back to the email I received 9 days ago and click "view request" it brings me to this, when I click "ok" it goes back to the main listing."

This -your screen grab -  proves for me your listing is affected by the same issue as of (at the least) two other users 

I refer to this thread of user Olga Z: No response from ownership transfer requests and this other thread "Ownership Conflict" of user "Paul A"

The both threads of Olga Zand Paul A I have escalated to Google and they solved meanwhile Olgas  issue.

I are not going to say the advice of @KrystalT to contact Support by phone is useless. 

But I'm saying your issue shows for me the same errror pattern as Olgas and Pauls cases.

This said I encourage to come back with a new feedback abuot what support told you and whether they were able to fix your ownership conflict issue.

If not I then will add your case to my previously made other two escalations.

Have a nice weekend