AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

My Business
4.6K members online now
4.6K members online now
Has someone else verified your business? Learn how to recover ownership
Guide Me
star_border

No response in trying to claim ownership of "duplicate"

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

We are trying to gain ownership of our business but are having no luck. The first time, the prompt told us we would receive information in 7 days if no response was made by the duplicate owner. When nothing developed, we attempted twice more to claim the business and were given a prompt that said Google would investigate. The matter remains unresolved.

ABC Global Systems

350 5th Avenue, New York, NY

212*330*7500

https://www.google.com/maps/place/ABC+Global+Systems/@40.7483365,-73.9854921,15z/data=!4m5!3m4!1s0x0...

www.abcglobalsystems.com

[ Edited ]
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 2
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆

Hey @Hollie W,

It sounds like you didn't complete the process. The initial email sent to you is the one you need to keep/use.

The full process is below.

To get access to a listing that has already been verified, follow these steps:
1. Go ahead and try and claim the listing. It should tell you it’s verified and take you to the request access form.
2. When you fill that out, you’ll get an email. It’s imperative that you do not delete this email because you need it to appeal if the existing owner denies your request to transfer ownership.
3. The current owner has 7 days to respond. Do not contact GMB about this as they won’t do anything if it hasn’t been 7 days. The entire process is automated so you shouldn’t need to contact them at all.
4. If they grant you access within 7 days, your account now becomes the primary owner and they are demoted to a manager. This means you can go in and remove them, if needed.
5. If they deny you access or don’t respond in 7 days, pull up the email you received and click “view request”. If they denied you access, you should see a button to appeal. If they didn’t respond you should see a button that says “verify”. Both of these buttons do the same thing - they allow you to verify the listing via postcard. Once you successfully get the pin and enter it, this immediately boots the other user out completely and you are now the primary owner.

I hope this helps. Let me know if you have any other questions.

If this fixes your problem, please "Mark as Best Answer" to close the forum post.

Re: No response in trying to claim ownership of "duplicate"

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi! I received no email the multiple times I have submitted for transfer of ownership. Does this go directly to my gmail inbox or the inbox of my back-up email?

Thank you in advance.

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 4
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆

@Hollie W,

Can you walk me through the steps you take to try to claim your business? I'm trying to understand what is going wrong.

Re: No response in trying to claim ownership of "duplicate"

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Sure. I go to my dashboard  and the location is listed as "duplicate" so I click on the claim this business link and follow the prompts and fill in the requested information (url, maps info, etc.) as well as select email as my preference for contact. After this I submit the information and get a message on the page that says, "Thanks for your report. We'll review your submission and get back to you once we've investigated."

I think the issue here is that I receive no email at the gmail account I issued the complaint from or at the recovery address that I use for the account. The other notifications come through but no emails have been received for the 4+ times I have completed this process.

Please advise.

screenshot.png