4K members online now
Has someone else verified your business? Learn how to recover ownership
Guide Me
star_border

No response from ownership transfer requests

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Having the EXACT same issue as the person who posted this thread, who had the issue resolved fairly quickly by a rather helpful human:
https://www.en.advertisercommunity.com/t5/Ownership-Conflicts/No-response-from-ownership-transfer-re...

As my issue is exactly the same, I'm just going to copy his or her post and swap in our relevant details. Really hope someone can assist, as I'm going round in circles with the automated Google route!

--------------

Someone else verified my business listing and hasn't responded to my transfer of ownership requests.

My name is Zeke and I'm a marketing assistant for Eden Motor Group.

My department is located at Vauxhall Corner, 8 Marsh Barton Road, Marsh Barton, Exeter, Devon, United Kingdom  EX2 8LW and our telephone number is 01392 202800.

Email: business@stillpointmentalhealth.com

Our listing: https://maps.google.com?cid=1575976453175637279

We've got 21 separate GMB pages representing each of our branch locations, and most of them are under our control. However, for some reason we're locked out of six of them.

I've attempted to transfer the ownership twice now and have gotten no response from the current "owner". I've received one email from Google per ownership request (both with the exact same text from local-help@google.com):

Hello,

My name is Anna from the Google My Business Support team, following up on your access request for [GMB PAGE NAME] at [URL] local page on Google My Business.

I've checked on the progress of your request. Our records show that the current owner of the page hasn’t taken any action. 

I wanted to let you know that we’re sending them a follow-up asking them to consider your request closely. If the current owner hasn’t responded to you directly within 4-5 days, please reply to this email and my team will take additional steps to follow up.

Thank you,

Anna

The Google My Business Team

When I respond to the same address I get this message back (shortened for space):

Subject: Re: [1-2050000012651] Google My Business: Update on your access request for Stillpoint Mental Health Associates, SC

Oops! Looks like you're trying to contact the Google My Business Team (formerly Google Places), but unfortunately your message will not reach us this way.

Please contact our Google My Business support team by visiting the Google My Business Help Center and clicking on the “Contact us” link.

For the quickest resolution, we’ve provided answers (below) to common questions from businesses like yours in case it is helpful:

Someone else has already verified my business on Google…

1. Relaunch your request by clicking on this link.,
  2. Click on ‘Get on Google’.
  3. Search for your business and select it from the dropdown menu once it appears.
  4. Click ‘Request admin rights’ and our customer service team will investigate this for you.

To help you with any further questions, we’ve developed more resources and articles in the Google My Business Help Center.

Regards,
The Google My Business Team

The link for "Google My Business Help Center" directs me to a page that doesn't have a 'Contact us' link and "this link" (see above) to relaunch my request directs me here.

I have no idea who currently owns of my page and have no way to find out or contact them directly given they've ignored my requests. I can easily verify my identity and affiliation with the company, and the pages we've not got access to are clearly all part of the same group.

I'm not sure where to go from here. Any help would greatly be appreciated.

Thanks

- Zeke

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Zeke I
January 2017

Re: No response from ownership transfer requests

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi @Zeke I

Contact business support directly ( it seems that the email link they gave you is messed up )

Once you have contacted them, please let me know if it was resolved.

Contact Business Support 

https://support.google.com/business/contact/business_c2c_l?rd=3#

OR - Go to Dashboard >> Manage Location

Top Right ( Hamburger Menu ) >> Support

Contact Business Support.png

Select Support >> Help Menu Pops Up

Scroll Down to Email

Contact Business Support Email and Call Back.png

Fill in the details >> Request Call Back or Email

Tim Capper, Google My Business Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

Find me on: Google+ | Twitter | Facebook | Linkedin
Tim operates a bespoke Local SEO Consultancy in the UK, Online Ownership

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Zeke I
January 2017

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi @Zeke I

Contact business support directly ( it seems that the email link they gave you is messed up )

Once you have contacted them, please let me know if it was resolved.

Contact Business Support 

https://support.google.com/business/contact/business_c2c_l?rd=3#

OR - Go to Dashboard >> Manage Location

Top Right ( Hamburger Menu ) >> Support

Contact Business Support.png

Select Support >> Help Menu Pops Up

Scroll Down to Email

Contact Business Support Email and Call Back.png

Fill in the details >> Request Call Back or Email

Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Tim - you're a star. Followed those steps and I had a lovely girl called Amy call me back and go through each site one by one. All resolved now!

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi there,

I don't see the "email" option. I only see "Need More Help?" and "Send Feedback". When I click on the "Need More Help" option it just sends me to a page that is basically a FAQ page, not an email support page. What do you recommend? 

Top Contributor
# 5
Top Contributor

Hi @Megan V

A couple of days ago Google removed the contact buttons and hid them at the end of the Help documents.

Use the help docs and keep scrolling to bottom to see if there is a Contact Us link.

Ridiculous change from Google!!!