4.3K members online now
Has someone else verified your business? Learn how to recover ownership
Guide Me
star_border

No response from ownership transfer requests

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Someone else verified my business listing and hasn't responded to my transfer of ownership requests.

Business name is Stillpoint Mental Health Associates, SC.

We're located at 201 E Ogden Ave Ste 116, Hinsdale, IL 60521 and our telephone number is 630-325-8893.

Email: business@stillpointmentalhealth.com

Our listing: https://maps.google.com?cid=1575976453175637279

I've attempted to transfer the ownership twice now and have gotten no response from the current "owner". I've received one email from Google per ownership request (both with the exact same text from local-help@google.com):

Hello,

My name is Anna from the Google My Business Support team, following up on your access request for Stillpoint Mental Health Associates, SC at https://maps.google.com?cid=1575976453175637279 local page on Google My Business.

I've checked on the progress of your request. Our records show that the current owner of the page hasn’t taken any action. 

I wanted to let you know that we’re sending them a follow-up asking them to consider your request closely. If the current owner hasn’t responded to you directly within 4-5 days, please reply to this email and my team will take additional steps to follow up.

Thank you,

Anna

The Google My Business Team

When I respond to the same address I get this message back (shortened for space):

Subject: Re: [1-2050000012651] Google My Business: Update on your access request for Stillpoint Mental Health Associates, SC

Oops! Looks like you're trying to contact the Google My Business Team (formerly Google Places), but unfortunately your message will not reach us this way.

Please contact our Google My Business support team by visiting the Google My Business Help Center and clicking on the “Contact us” link.

For the quickest resolution, we’ve provided answers (below) to common questions from businesses like yours in case it is helpful:

Someone else has already verified my business on Google…

1. Relaunch your request by clicking on this link.,
  2. Click on ‘Get on Google’.
  3. Search for your business and select it from the dropdown menu once it appears.
  4. Click ‘Request admin rights’ and our customer service team will investigate this for you.

To help you with any further questions, we’ve developed more resources and articles in the Google My Business Help Center.

Regards,
The Google My Business Team

The link for "Google My Business Help Center" directs me to a page that doesn't have a 'Contact us' link and "this link" (see above) to relaunch my request directs me here.

I have no idea who currently owns of my page and have no way to find out or contact them directly given they've ignored my requests. I can easily verify my identity and affiliation with Stillpoint Mental Health. (In the past I've verified affiliation for Google both by phone and snail-mail and I'm the page owner of all three of the individual doctors' profiles that work at Stillpoint through my Google account, business@stillpointmentalhealth.com)

I'm not sure where to go from here. Any help would greatly be appreciated.

Thanks

- Lauren

2 Expert replyverified_user
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Stillpoint M
August 2016

Re: No response from ownership transfer requests

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Hi Lauren

Let me see if our Community Manager can help at all in this situation.

Priya Chandra, Google My Business Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.
-----------------------------------
Follow me on Twitter  |   Connect on G+  |   Read my Blog

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thank you. I was contacted by a representative and the old verification was removed.

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor
Excellent! I'm glad we were able to help.

Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
hi were having the exact issue can someone pls help us ,,I'm assuming we have been hacked and cant contact them . pls help

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Lox I'd recommend creating a new thread of your own for the issue. Since this one was resolved you may not get a response in a timely fashion.
Additionally, post guidelines displayed while creating a thread let you know what information to include in order to help Google look into your specific case.

Top Contributor
# 7
Top Contributor

Hi @Lox H - as @Stillpoint M mentioned, please start your own thread with your full business details including name and address.

This allows us to keep the forum organised and gives you the attention you need.

This ( https://www.en.advertisercommunity.com/t5/Google-My-Business/ct-p/GMB ) is our top level Community--from there, you can click into the board title that is most applicable for your issue. Once you're in an individual board, you can click on the red/pink + sign in the lower right corner of the screen to start a new topic.

Thank you.

Community Manager
# 8
Community Manager
This older "Solved" thread has been closed to new replies. 

Should anyone have a new or unanswered question related to this topic, please start a new thread and post a clear, specific and detailed question that describes your particular situation.

This will improve the visibility of any new questions as well as help other forum members to understand your question fully, and answer it in a useful and effective way

To start a new thread, please go to the top level of the Google My Business Community, and from there, click on the board that is most closely related to your question. After that, you can click on the pink "+" sign in the lower right corner of the screen to start a new topic.

You may of course reference this older thread in your new post, if you wish.

When you post, please be sure to include the following information as well:

1. Full business name 

2. Current business address 

3. Current business telephone number 

4. Google+ URL 

Thank you.