AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

My Business
4.7K members online now
4.7K members online now
Has someone else verified your business? Learn how to recover ownership
Guide Me
star_border

No response from ownership transfer requests

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello. I help manage the GMB account for Saint Dominic Academy in Jersey City  here. 3 Years ago a building was donated to us (proof here). The place in question was called the Jersey City Women's Club(here). Since the summer we have been trying to get access and found it was under someone else's ownership. We filed the request for ownership and the person reached out to us. We responded and the person seemed to still not know what we wanted. After multiple attempts to reach out they became unresponsive. In an effort to help(I guess?) they changed the location to permanently closed (image attached). We wish to call the new location Siena Hall, but we can not do that until we have ownership over this account. I hope I have provided sufficient information.

1. Full business name - Siena Hall
2. Current business address : 375 Fairmount ave, Jersey City, NJ, 07306
3. Current telephone number: n/a
4. Google Maps URL : Link
5. Website (if applicable) 

jcwc.JPG

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Ayasser R
January

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hey @Ayasser R

I can't see why you are not just claim the already existent unverified listing "Siena Hall"

There shouldn't be any hurdle having the 

"Siena Hall"  beside the permanently closed "Jersey City Women's Club"

_________________________________________________________________________________

Attention: Please make sure to mention me by adding @[myname] to your responses. Otherwise the notification might not make it and your thread will go unseen.

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Ayasser R
January

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hey @Ayasser R

I can't see why you are not just claim the already existent unverified listing "Siena Hall"

There shouldn't be any hurdle having the 

"Siena Hall"  beside the permanently closed "Jersey City Women's Club"

_________________________________________________________________________________

Attention: Please make sure to mention me by adding @[myname] to your responses. Otherwise the notification might not make it and your thread will go unseen.

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 3
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆

To add to Helmut's excellent answer, each establishment on the map is separate.  You should not be claiming an establishment simply because it once occupied the same space as your current establishment; rather all you should do is ensure it is marked closed and then leave it.  You should only claim your own establishment.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello @Helmut Geissler ! The Siena Hall listing did not exist at the time of creating this post. I thought creating the listing would interfere with the Woman's Club listing. Turns out it doesn't. It probably helps that the person made the site "permanently closed" since we will not be using the site for the same purpose. In either case, thank you for the help. I will accept your answer as the solution.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello @Flash! I agree. Thanks for your input.

Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor

Thanks @Ayasser R for your feedback - you are welcome

Re: No response from ownership transfer requests

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Helmut, I am running into the same problem with someone else claiming my business and now denying me access to my own page. Can you please help me?? My email is plmal1026@gmail.com. I have been trying to find contact information to somehow get help and I am running into a wall.

Top Contributor
# 8
Top Contributor

@Paula M

Please start your own thread providing there all information to understand and investigate your issue
This allows us to keep the forum organized and gives you the attention you need. 
This ( https://www.en.advertisercommunity.com/t5/Google-My-Business/ct-p/GMB ) is our top level Community--from there, you can click into the board title that is most applicable for your issue. Once you're in an individual board, you can click on the red/pink + sign in the lower right corner of the screen to start a new topic.

I will now block this older threadforany new replies.