5.6K members online now
Has someone else verified your business? Learn how to recover ownership
Guide Me
star_border

No response from ownership transfer requests

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I have now sent 2 business transfer requests or access requests to the previous owner of my business but have not received a response both times. The business details are below as per google maps.

IGA X-Press Nobby Beach

2245 Gold Coast Hwy, Mermaid Beach QLD 4218, Australia

+61 07 56791541

https://goo.gl/maps/HW5p4UshLxM2

2 Expert replyverified_user

Re: No response from ownership transfer requests

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi @IGA Nobby B

Look back and see if you have a confirmation email from Google My Business with a subject line of "You've requested access to IGA X-Press Nobby Beach on Google My Business". You should have received this when you submitted the ownership request. Since you did it twice I would look for the most recent one. 

If you can locate that email, click on the "View Request" button in it and see if it will show the status of your request and if it includes an option to verify your affiliation with the business to gain access.

TomW, Google My Business Top Contributor
Was your question answered? If so, please mark the post that answered it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

@IGA Nobby B

adding to what @TomW said Ilike to ask a question:

its about the GoogleAccount you have been sigend in while requesting the ownership transfer request:

have you used any GoogleAccount based on the domain iga.com.au of the bsuiness by any chance?

Why do I ask this?

OK the business website tells my via http://www.iga.com.au/stores/#view=storelocator  there are over thousend locations and I guess the company created the most location listings through bulk feed.

I know from experience you have only then a chance to get Google transferring the ownership if requesting it via an account based on the company domain i.e. iga.com.au

_________________________________________________________________________________

Attention: Please make sure to mention me by adding @[myname] to your responses. Otherwise the notification might not make it and your thread will go unseen.

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

@TomW I have not received this email both times i have sent the request. Only showed me the 'your request has been sent' page after i submit, but i never receive the email.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

@Helmut Geissler The company has multiple locations all over australia. However they are Independently owned small businesses, the IGA brand is simply a buying/banner group of stores across Australia, a network if you will...

I have been signed in to this account both times requesting transfer of ownership and i see that the business is currently registered to another gmail address. If it were registered by the IGA company ie. iga.com.au, they do not use gmail accounts so i can only assume it is the previous owner of the store.

Re: No response from ownership transfer requests

Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor

Sorry  @IGA Nobby B

But you didn't got what I'm trying to say:

Supposed your location is verified as part of a bulk feed (and I'm sure it is) it doesn't matter what account the bulk feed owner did use in the past.

I know from experience you have only then a chance to get Google transferring the ownership if requesting it via an account based on the company domain i.e. iga.com.au

Top Contributor
# 7
Top Contributor

Note to @IGA Nobby B regarding my opinion  your location is indeed part of a bulk feed and this bulk feed is managed by ONE certain account.

Here my proof:

1# your location is claimed and verified by this account:  ig…@gmail.com

2# other locations of the same chain of supermarkets in QLD are managed by the exact same account:

Listing few such other markets of the same buk feed:

- "IGA X-press Kangaroo Point"
- "IGA X-press Forest Lake"
- "IGA X-press Rochedale South"
- "IGA X-press Mitchelton"
(there are dozends more - all managed by the same account)

Neither of the actual "owners" of the supermarkets can do as you to request getting transferred the ownership tho their own account.

The ownership transfer procedure will fail as in your case.

for the only reason: 

all the above listed listings (including yours) and dozends of more are part of a bulk feed submitted, verified & managed by 

this account:  ig…@gmail.com

Q.E.D.

YOUr only chance to get the ownership transferresd is if 

either  ig…@gmail.com will release it on his own decision form his bulk 

or if you claim it again but now using any email based on the domain iga.com.au 

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 8
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

@Helmut Geissler Thank you for your help. Since i plan to leave the IGA group and change the store name, will i need to contact the IGA company directly to remove the listing from Google Maps so that i can register the new business at the same address?

Regards,

Alistair

Top Contributor
# 9
Top Contributor

Removing an existent listing is not possible. Even in case the actual owner (i.e. ig…@gmail.com ) will remove it from his dahsboard it will revert to an unverified listing.

I believe its ok to contact the IGA folks asking them to ask " ig…@gmail.co" (s)he should  transfer the listing in question directly to you account.

Once this is done you can rebrand and edit its content.