Has someone else verified your business? Learn how to recover ownership
Guide Me
star_border

No response from ownership transfer requests

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello,

I am trying to regain control of the Google business listing for the brick & mortar store that I own and operate. We had outsourced some of our marketing efforts in the past (including online review management), but those arrangements have been terminated and I would like to manage the listing myself.

I have requested ownership transfer twice with no luck. I don't want my customers to think that I am not responsive to the reviews we receive on Google. Any ideas?

Thanks!

Celebrations Bridal and Prom

275 S. Seguin 

New Braunfels, TX 78130

(830) 629-4419

celebrationsbridalandprom.com

https://www.google.com/maps/place/275+S+Seguin+Ave,+New+Braunfels,+TX+78130/@29.7017493,-98.1245315,...

1 Expert replyverified_user

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Google lauchend very recently a new and improved procedure to fix such ownership conflicts:

Automating Ownership Conflict for Individuals

Have you applied this already?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thanks Helmut. I have tried the new procedure - the following email is the last communication I received from Google. I'm not sure how Google would have been unable to verify my affiliation with the business. Is there any way to try again?

Hi,

Thank you for contacting us regarding your Google My Business.

I would like to inform you that we called the corporate number and we were unable to confirm your affiliation there. Therefore I would request you to please contact the management directly regarding this request and if we get any permission from them only then we would be able to go ahead with this process.

Also I would like to inform you that the business page is actively managed by the current owner , therefore we would not be able to release the listing.

For more understanding, you can read through our New Google My Business feature & GMB Help Center to understand the product better and follow us on our official blog for regular updates.

Have a great day!

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

did you got a case ID from GoogleMyBusiness when getting this kind of a deny?

And do you have any idea who is behind the actual account managing the business in question?

Google show me it would be "ma…@gmail.com"

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Helmut,

I do not see a case number. I have heard that ma...@gmail is managing the account - this was a third party that we once hired to manage our social media. However, they are not the 'owners' so they cannot add me or transfer ownership. Are you able to see who might actually own the listing?

Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor

as said Google show me the listing is actually managed (owned!!!) by a GoogleAccount based on 

be "ma…@gmail.com"

This account should be able (maybe not willing though) to transfer the ownership to you.

In case they are not willing to do this apply Automating Ownership Conflict for Individuals

(this recently launched new procedure doesn't require the commitment of "ma…@gmail.com" )

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I have racked my brain and reached out to everyone I can think of that might own "ma...@gmail.com" with no luck. I have followed the steps in the procedure mentioned above. I requested access on April 26 and have heard nothing. What is the next step? Thanks!

Top Contributor
# 8
Top Contributor

Fair enough @Ashley O

have you then tried to apply Automating Ownership Conflict for Individuals ?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 9
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I have. I requested access on April 26 and have heard nothing. Any other options you can think of?

Top Contributor
# 10
Top Contributor

Please check your inbox (including spam or junk folders) for any email gotten after your request on 26 th April 

It should be sent from " google-my-business-noreply@google.com "

Do yo have such an email?

If yes copy it to here.