AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

My Business
2.4K members online now
2.4K members online now
Has someone else verified your business? Learn how to recover ownership
Guide Me
star_border

No answer on previous requests to transfer ownership

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

We are having issues with a duplicate business location which has the wrong map location so our customers are getting sent by Google to the incorrect address.

I have suggested edits to the address and marker and then requested ownership on Oct 20 and also today, when I click 'View Request' from my previous email I get directed to a 404 page and there is no information about pending requests in my business dashboard. I have had no emails to confirm either approval or refusal of ownership. 

Full Business Name:
Lakeside Service Centre Ltd

Current Business Address:
Unit 9, The Cube Lakeside Trading Centre, Beoley Rd E, Redditch B98 8PE

Current Telephone Number:
01527 66737

Incorrect Map URL that needs to be deleted:
https://www.google.com/maps/place/Lakeside+Service+Centre+Ltd/@52.3054147,-1.9352528,17z/data=!3m1!4...

The correct URL that needs to be retained:
https://www.google.com/maps/place/Lakeside+Service+Centre/@52.3058351,-1.922571,17z/data=!3m1!4b1!4m...

www.lakesideservicecentre.com

Thanks

James

2 Expert replyverified_user

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi @James E

It's really weird as the listing with the wrong location (caused by the bad street address "9 Beoley Rd W, Redditch"  - rather then "Unit 9, The Cube Lakeside Trading Centre, Beoley Rd E, Redditch")

is verified and managed by " we…@gmail.com".

I believe its your best choice trying to contact at first business support asking them to merge both listings as both have the same name and phone number

In case they refuse to help yuo merging both listings please comback to here.

_________________________________________________________________________________

Attention: Please make sure to mention me by adding @[myname] to your responses. Otherwise the notification might not make it and your thread will go unseen.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

@Helmut Geissler

Thanks Helmut, how do I contact business support?

Rising Star
# 4
Rising Star

Here is a link to request a call from support

https://support.google.com/business/contact/business_c2c_m?from=cuf_c2c

Top Contributor
# 5
Top Contributor

@James E

I recommend getting in touch with GMB support via one of these options and ask for help in getting verified:

You can call also Google My Business here.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

@Helmut Geissler
@williamrock

Thanks for your help both. After I completed the form, support called me and have marked the incorrect place as permanently closed. I have to wait 6 days before I request ownership and then go through the process of verifying and then deleting the incorrect listing.

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

@Helmut Geissler
@williamrock

Back from the Christmas break and the duplicate listing Lakeside Service Centre Ltd (Beoley Road East) is still listed on Google Maps.

I have requested ownership again but was presented with a message saying "We sent your request for ownership to the current owner Wednesday, 20th December 2017. Please wait for a response from them."

Any ideas what I can do now as Google support told me I could re-request ownership 6 days after the 20th?

Rising Star
# 8
Rising Star

have you contacted support again as it is now the 8th of January so they should be able to help and maybe able to verify via the phone number listed or a video or photo of the location 

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 9
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

@williamrock
This is resolved now. I contacted support again who at the start were insistent that I had to wait for the listing owner to respond, I explained this was the 3rd time that they hadn't responded now and I couldn't wait any longer. 
They then suggested that I create a new entry (in the wrong location) so they could merge the old with the new and I could then delete it. I had to be quite firm and refuse this suggestion as frankly I could see the process taking even longer. After about 20 minutes on hold they agreed to delete the old listing and 4 hours later I received a call to say it was now removed.

Hope this experience helps others!