AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

My Business
2K members online now
2K members online now
Has someone else verified your business? Learn how to recover ownership
Guide Me
star_border

No Response from Ownership Requests - Post 7-Day Window

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

As the Marketing Manager for our company, I manage all of our Google My Business listings. On October 13th, I requested access to several GMB listings (10+), and received notification that someone else had claimed the listing (see image below showing one of these listings).

Email.PNG

I've waited the 7-day window to "request ownership and verify my affiliation with the business," but I'm stuck in the loop that others appear to be in, given that when I "View Request" I receive the following message:

Message.PNG

Here's where my situation departs from other threads on this topic: 

- I know who the employee who originally verified this listing is.

- This employee is retired and no longer managing any GMB locations.

- Because she's no longer with our company (and I've discussed the situation with IT), I'm now set up to receive said employee's emails from Google. However, I can't re-request ownership (now that I have email access), since I've already requested it once...

All of this leads to two questions:

1. Is there an escalation procedure for this (beyond posting to these forums)?

2.  What is the resolution process in the case of an obviously inactive employee (when GMB is not allowing an ownership change outside THEIR SPECIFIED WINDOW)?

Business information:

1. Southern Bath & Kitchen

2. (205) 342-9405

3. 5051 Jug Factory Road, Tuscaloosa, 35405 United States

4. https://www.google.com/search?q=southern%20bath%20%26%20Kitchen%20tuscaloosa&oq=southern+bath+%26+Ki...

5. https://www.southernbathandkitchen.com/location/tuscaloosa/

1 Expert replyverified_user

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Bump, bump!

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Bumping this post, again! Any help here, Google Experts?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Jamey-

I'm dealing with a similar issue. 3 times I've gone through this process and after 7 days nothing has changed. I reached out to the GMB twitter account and got this response:

"Thanks for sharing the info. We've checked the business listings and found you've raised an ownership request on October 17th for both the listings. The page owner has not responded and since this is also a chain business, you may also want to try contacting corporate to confirm if they are managing the account."

So... the post 7-day thing doesn't seem as straight forward as they make it seem.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Mark - 

I'll second your prognosis on Google's process not being as straightforward as they say it should be. What's odd is that it appears that if the owner denies your request, you're able to escalate the situation faster with the ability to appeal this decision. Seems like an odd choice for Google - that you can get a resolution faster when an owner actively doesn't want you to claim a listing than when the owner doesn't care or doesn't manage the email they claimed the listings with!

I'm going to keep bumping this tread until I get a response from a Google expert, which is apparently the only resolution to issues like these (at least from the other threads on this topic). I'd recommend that you start a thread on that topic for yourself, and bump until someone, somewhere, can do something to escalate the situation with Google. 

Good luck, you're gonna need it!

Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor

in order to prevent you to bump, bump, bump & bump it a fourth  time below my thoughts addressed to @Jamey H

at first a question:

your GMaps link in 4#  shows a location for Tuscaloosa but to my surprise without any website linked - despite of the fact the listing is verified. And in 5# you provide a website www.southernbathandkitchen.com

Why isn't 4# linked to www.southernbathandkitchen.com or even

https://www.southernbathandkitchen.com/location/tuscaloosa/ ?

An other question:what Google account did you used while trying the request ownership on 4#?

Have you done this based on an GoogleAccount based on xyzabc@southernbathandkitchen.com?

If not: can you please repeat the procedure requesting ownership based on such an account of the business domain?

Regarding your two general questions:

@1: the procedure you applied is the  dedicated escalation procedure (and only in case it fails this forum and escalations made by a TopContributor is the "next level")

@2 I suspect you are not aware the locations of your company are all (or mostly) submitted by the ex-employee via the bulk-feed option.

And incase I'm right with this the ex-employee should havetransfeered his ownership about the bulk feed before leaving the company to his sucessor.

The problem for all bulk feed submitted and verifid listings is different as for a normal single location of a business.

Ownership requests like the one you made don't lead in an automatic ownship resolving procedure.

Requesting a single location like yours from Tuscaloosa if it is part  of a bulk feed becomes much harder.

In this case I see two options only:

A) you get the former employee to log into his former account and then to transfer his "Business account" (not the single location) to you (or an other actual employee of your company).

This can done  using this procedure: 

https://support.google.com/business/answer/4669093?hl=en

(note this isn't this one: https://support.google.com/business/answer/3415281?hl=en)

or 

B) you need to request any single location of the bulk feed individually - but doing it it's highly rcommended to use a GoogleAccount based on xyzabc@southernbathandkitchen.com

_________________________________________________________________________________

Attention: Please make sure to mention me by adding @[myname] to your responses. Otherwise the notification might not make it and your thread will go unseen.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 8
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

@Helmut Geissler

Thanks for the detailed reply. I'll walk through yours as I respond. The primary discrepancies you're seeing here have to do with timing. When this employee was with the company, we didn't even have a website, so she had no option to link to a website. And the websites you've listed at www.southernbathandkitchen.com &

https://www.southernbathandkitchen.com/location/tuscaloosa/ are the correct sites, but this website has only launched in the past 6 weeks. I'm trying to claim this listings in an effort to "clean up" old listings and get everything right in Google! But I can't fix them as I'd like if I don't own them!

Due to our stringent spam filters on my work email, I actually used a personal iCloud email for claiming this listing. I'll try again with my work email (which is now linked to my primary Google account) and see if that helps. Our standard work emails are under another domain (under Southern Pipe, see a streetview of the branch in question at https://www.google.com/maps/@33.1632903,-87.5221761,3a,75y,57.01h,73.74t/data=!3m6!1e1!3m4!1smHFFeQX...), but I'll see if I can get a workaround there. 

Regarding your answer to my question 2 above, this employee is not tech savvy. She doesn't have access to that old email address, which was actually a personal email account and not a company one. I agree that she should have transferred ownership to someone else at the company, but since that didn't happen, the question now becomes how can we unscramble this egg?

Regarding your 2 solutions...

- Option A is impossible. This ex-employee has no idea what she's doing. 

- Option B is possible, but I'll have to get an email account created to do this. I'll pursue this and see what happens...

Top Contributor
# 9
Top Contributor

not in this thread @Mark H

Please start your own thread providing there all information to understand and investigate your issue
This allows us to keep the forum organized and gives you the attention you need. 
This ( https://www.en.advertisercommunity.com/t5/Google-My-Business/ct-p/GMB ) is our top level Community--from there, you can click into the board title that is most applicable for your issue. Once you're in an individual board, you can click on the red/pink + sign in the lower right corner of the screen to start a new topic.

Top Contributor
# 10
Top Contributor

@Jamey H

Good luck to Option B and keepme updated.

Guessing it again will not work this time.

But your (our) hand(s) looks even better if I have to escalate a new deny when you used a businesss domain based account while requesting the ownership