Has someone else verified your business? Learn how to recover ownership
Guide Me
star_border

Nicoll Racing

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello,

I no longer work for Nicoll Racing. I need to be taken off of this business account as soon as possible.

Thank you!

2 Expert replyverified_user

Nicoll Racing

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi Marisa,

Please use this information to learn how to add or remove a person from a Google My Business account. 

Kind Regards,

James

Nicoll Racing

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I am the only user. I am listed at the Primary Owner but I can't have access to this page anymore so I need to be removed and it won't let me remove myself. For legal reasons, I need to be removed.

Re: Nicoll Racing

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Hello @Marisa K

You can do this using the instructions under 'Remove a location from your account' from this article.

TomW, Google My Business Top Contributor
Was your question answered? If so, please mark the post that answered it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

Nicoll Racing

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

But since I am the Account Owner, will it delete the google account and all its data? I just don't want to be associated with this page. I don't want it to be removed from google.

Thanks!

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Marisa K
June

Re: Nicoll Racing

Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor

If you follow the 7 steps under 'Remove a location from your account' it will only remove it from your account. Since you're the only owner on the listing this will cause it to become and unverified listing. So if anyone else wants to manage it they'll need to verify it in their own account to do so.

Before you remove it from your account you can add an owner to the listing if you follow the steps in the article that @J Clemens suggested. Ideally the owner of the business would be the one that is the primary owner of the listing. If you do not want to pass ownership of the listing this way you can just remove it from your account. The business owner would then have to go through the verification process if they want to claim it in one of their accounts.

TomW, Google My Business Top Contributor
Was your question answered? If so, please mark the post that answered it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

Nicoll Racing

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Great! Thank you!!