AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

My Business
2.7K members online now
2.7K members online now
Has someone else verified your business? Learn how to recover ownership
Guide Me
star_border

New owner bad reviews from old owner

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi, 

Purchasing an existing business, 

West End Veterinary Clinic, Vancouver BC

https://www.google.ca/search?q=west+end+veterinary+clinic&oq=west&aqs=chrome.0.69i59j69i57j35i39j69i...

I'd like to remove all previous (6) reviews. Is this possible without changing the name? 

Thank you very much, 

Helene Childs

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: New owner bad reviews from old owner

[ Edited ]
Rising Star
# 2
Rising Star

The business also has some pretty bad reviews on Yelp. Changing the name is no guarantee that the reviews won't follow you - in your case, they probably wouldn't (see https://support.google.com/business/answer/3098204). A much more effective technique is honesty - make sure you get full and complete access to all the citation accounts (especially Google and Yelp). You can comment on each review - so why not respond with "Your review is certainly appreciated - we read it before purchasing this clinic in June 2016" and then include some mention of what you've changed and invite the review back. Honesty and openness is always the best approach when responding to reviews - so start off on the right foot :-)

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
do you mean changing the name of the clinic? The clinic name will stay the same (signs etc will stay) but I was going to create a new website and I was hoping a new yelp, google page etc. Is it possible to start fresh?
that link didnt work :(
This page doesn't exist in Google My Business Help. It may have been deleted because the feature doesn't exist any more, or the URL may be incorrect.

Rising Star
# 4
Rising Star
Sorry - fat-fingered the link. It works now - and will hopefully give you some concrete reference. And unfortunately no, if you are leaving the clinic name and the core business type the same, there is no "starting fresh." Otherwise, anyone with bad reviews could just announce they are "under new management."