Has someone else verified your business? Learn how to recover ownership
Guide Me
star_border

New business but previous owners feedback is effecting business

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Maybe you guys could help...

I have taken over a going concern business, it is a letting agency property management business. On paper the business is doing fantastic and i have taken over a property with a big portfolio.

However not even being a month in taken this business over i have found out that the business has considerable amount of bad google reviews on it. This is impacting my business in many ways. I have taken over the business, but we have changed the name and telephone number with temporarily using the same website whilst we can transfer the new website page. 

When you take over a business but now has a new owner new set up, i should be given a fair chance to be commented on my affairs instead be handicapped by others mistakes. I have spent hours trying to remove these reviews but am not getting much luck. I have just located my business and verified with google, i can change the name and phone number but can't seem to find any ways to get rid of the reviews and have a fresh start on google reviews.

I tried calling Google but cant find a number

Can anyone help please

It is already difficult to run a business without have this issue

2 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by ElizabethP (Community Manager)
December 2015

Re: New business but previous owners feedback is effecting business

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
The best way to get support:
support.google.com/business/contactflow?hl=en

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by ElizabethP (Community Manager)
December 2015

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
The best way to get support:
support.google.com/business/contactflow?hl=en

Community Manager
# 3
Community Manager
Hi Nadia,
I agree with Helmut--the best thing to do in this case would be to contact support via the link that he provided.
Best,
Elizabeth

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Greetings, I have tried this route for a similar issue. However, the person from Google who called me redirected me to this forum. Another Google employee directed me to the "Send Feedback" option at the bottom of the page. Please let me know what my next steps would be, below is a summary of the issue we are facing.

My name is Joshua Thomas, I am the General Manager for MacKenzie Place, in Colorado Springs. This can be verified by calling me at the number listed on Google. We have an issue with reviews being posted from a timeframe when there was a different management company and entirely different ownership. For example: Just Saturday I read a review written within the past week. I did not recognize the customer’s name, so I searched the database and found this customer was from 8 years ago... Again, a different management company and a different owner was operating MacKenzie Place 8 years ago. It is a COMPLETELY different Limited Liability Corporation (LLC), with a Doing Business As (DBA) MacKenzie Place… The review explicitly mentions the previous management group, which was employed by the previous ownership. Therefore, this review is in no way relevant or accurate to the new management company and owner. This review and the 5 other reviews (anything from 4 years ago and beyond are not the same) are the old Limited Liability Corporation (LLC), we just operate with Doing Business As (DBA) of MacKenzie Place. How can I get these removed, as the inaccurate information is damaging our business?

Community Manager
# 5
Community Manager

Hi @Joshua T,

Can you go ahead and start your own thread and include your GMB page link?

Thanks!

Liz

GMB Community Manager 

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thanks, I am not sure how?     Joshua E. Thomas  

Community Manager
# 7
Community Manager

Hi @Joshua T,

You can click back up to the top-level board, select and click into the most applicable category, click the red/pink + sign in the lower right hand corner, and fill in your details.

Thanks!