Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

My business name, address, and number are the following:

Days Inn San Antonio Airport

542 NE Loop 410

San Antonio, TX 78216

210-930-3300

So I recently bought this business, and the current page owner is not willing to give me the ownership rights to a business I own legally in county records. I thought it was the same person I bought the business from, but he to was having problems with getting this guy to transfer the ownership rights. I tried calling Google Support, but they were of no help. I told them I am willing to forward closing documents showing I bought this business, and yet they still turned me down. 

Now the current Google page owner simply gave me Communication rights. So in short I do not know who this guy is or where he is form. But he is giving me a very difficult time with giving me the ownership rights to my business's Google page. Is there any legal action I can take, or any other solutions to solve my problem? Does Google My Business have a legal department that can help me in acquiring ownership rights?

Any advice will help greatly...

Thank you

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: New Business Owner

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Firstly you need to create concrete proof that you control the business that is visible online...

For example use your email at the domain for the website or put your Google used email on the contact us page. This allows support see that you control the site.

Then contact support and see if there is anything they will do. You can contact support: https://support.google.com/business/contactflow?hl=en#contact=1

If support is unable to help you, report back.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hello Mr. Blumenthal,

I tried to update the details under the Contact information, but
unfortunately the current Business Listing holder has not given me access
to edit such details on the page.

Any other method or suggestion....

--
Thank you,

Raj Patel, Owner & Manager
Days Inn San Antonio Airport
542 NE Loop 410
San Antonio, TX 78216
210-930-3300

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor
Yes put your email on the website so that Google can see that the email on the website goes to you... then call Google.