2.4K members online now
Has someone else verified your business? Learn how to recover ownership
Guide Me
star_border

New Business Owner

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi, My client has recently bought a new business, maintaining same name and location. I would lie to manage the existing Google+ page and also remove any reviews, change photos etc. etc.

We have no information for the previous Google+ owner, could anyone help with the process please?

The google+ address is:

https://plus.google.com/u/1/102880731025688234728

Regards

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: New Business Owner

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi @David M, you can request ownership transfer, even if you don't know who the current owner is.

Can't contact the current listing owner

You can also contact the current listing owner through Google My Business. 

Note: This process may take several weeks, and only the current listing owner can add you as a listing manager or transfer ownership of the listing to you. 

Follow these steps to create a message to the current listing owner:

1. Navigate to Google My Business
  2. Sign in to Google using the account you use to manage your business. 
  3. Search for your business using its name and address.
  4. Enter the name or address of your business and select your business from the drop-down menu.
  5. When you choose your business, you’ll see a dialogue box letting you know that someone else has verified the business. Click Request Admin Rights.
    • Click Report a problem if you want to update this listing’s information on Google, such as an incorrect street address or phone number. 
  6. Fill out the form. You have the option to include a message to the current owner to contact you directly with questions. Include:
    • Who you are
    • How you are related to the business
    • Why you need to manage the listing
    • Where they can get more information
    • What you need them to do
    • How they can contact you 
  7. The current listing owner will receive an email asking them to get in touch with you, and you’ll receive a confirmation email. Allow a full 7 days for the current listing owner to respond to your request. If you don’t hear back after 7 days, contact support by replying to the confirmation email. 

Colan Nielsen, Google My Business Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.
Find me on: Google+ | Twitter
VP, Local Search at Sterling Sky

Re: New Business Owner

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I see you wrote here that only the current owner can transfer ownership... how can that be done once both parties are in contact?  I've looked around the settings and such but could only find the ability to add someone as a new manager.  Maybe the ownership transfer will be allowed once they accept the invite to manage?

Eive Re: New Business Owner

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

I believe the current owner gets prompted to pass ownership during the process itself. Outside of that process, yes, you would need to assign a manager and then pass them ownership after 24 hours.

Colan Nielsen, Google My Business Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.
Find me on: Google+ | Twitter
VP, Local Search at Sterling Sky