AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

My Business
2.4K members online now
2.4K members online now
Has someone else verified your business? Learn how to recover ownership
Guide Me
star_border

New Business Has Displaced My Existing Business in Google Maps

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Our business is Marathon Car Rental, at the location of 12903 W Washington Blvd, Los Angeles, CA 90066 with the phone number 310-827-5600, website www.marathoncarrental.com and on Google Maps at https://bit.ly/2Jo5QKh (we have other locations).

We've had a Google My Business account for years and have had no problems with anything. Our business showed up on Google Maps just fine. Then we made an arrangement with the local Rent A Wreck, whereby they now share our location. They recently changed their address on their Google My Business account and other directories. Now, in many instances, our name has disappeared from Google Maps, replaced by Rent A Wreck. This is especially true on the Google Maps application on smart phones. This is terrible for us, because customers plug our address in Uber or Lyft, and then they only just Rent a Wreck on the map.

In Google Maps, if I search "car rental Marina del Rey" (our general location) or "car rental 90066" then we get both Marathon Car Rental and Rent A Wreck on the map--this is exactly as it should be. But if I don't use the search function, and simply open Google Maps and scroll to our location, I find only Rent A Wreck--not Marathon Car Rental. If I search the address only, only the address is listed on the map with the point, and in the left column is only Rent A Wreck (just yesterday it was Marathon). On Google Maps on mobile apps such as Uber and Lift, there is only Rent A Wreck.

Is there anything we can do to fix this situation so that both companies show up on all Google Maps applications? Thanks much in advance.

New Business Has Displaced My Existing Business in Google Maps

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 2
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆

You have a big problem, you made an arrangement that is causing Google to trigger Possum which is filtering one or the other listing.  You both are offering the same services from the same address.  You could contact support but you would need the help of rent-a-wreck to show you have separate entrances, phone numbers, staff etc..  If you can prove you are different entities support may be able to fix the problem for you.