AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

My Business
1.6K members online now
1.6K members online now
Has someone else verified your business? Learn how to recover ownership
Guide Me
star_border

Need to claim Business from non-existant 'owner'

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Someone previously claimed a business we are working on for a client. The client has no idea who originally claimed this listing and have marked it as 'Permanently Closed' even though the business is open. I have setup this GMail account for the client to use for their listing (to become the 'owner'). But we need to verify/transfer the listing to this account and the old 'owner' is unresponsive.

Full business name: Central Wisconsin Real Estate
Current business address: 2610 Stewart Ave Suite 120 Wausau, WI 54401
Current telephone number: 715-571-1156
Google+ URL: https://www.google.com/maps/place/Central+Wisconsin+Real+Estate/@44.9753477,-89.690502,12z/data=!4m8...

1 Expert replyverified_user

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi @Jim J

Reinstating permanently closed locations is something only Google Support staff can do.  That said, you'll have a much higher chance of success if the email you use in those communications and in claiming the listing is not a Gmail account, rather one that uses the domain of the website.

Resend the request using an account with that domain.  If the current owner remains unresponsive, there should be a way stated in the confirmation email from Google for you to follow up with Google.

Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

Margaret O · Google My Business Top Contributor

Find me on · · my blog

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Would you know by chance what a Google Support email would be?

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Hi @Jim J
You should be able to reply to the ownership req confirmation email, and that would be preferred as it should keep that issue within the same support stream.

If for some reason that isn't working, here are a couple of others:
Google has changed (actually hidden) their support options.

You can dig to get in touch with Google My Business Support. You need to:
1- log into your GMB dashboard
2- select support from upper left hamburger menu
3- a help screen will appear to the right
4- scroll down to the bottom and you should see contact options available at the time (phone, chat, email).  Note - these options may vary but email is most consistent.

Alternatively you can try contacting them via social media:
Facebook https://www.facebook.com/googlemybusiness
Twitter https://twitter.com/@GoogleMyBiz

Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

Margaret O · Google My Business Top Contributor

Find me on · · my blog