AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

My Business
3.2K members online now
3.2K members online now
Has someone else verified your business? Learn how to recover ownership
Guide Me
star_border

National brand name showing up in a local business listing

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Our national brand name has recently started showing up in the GMB panel, with the NAP info of a local business - see the image attached as an example of one instance (this is not an anomoly).. 

I am looking for insight into a couple of questions: 

1.  Why is our national brand name showing in the GMB panel, rather than the local business's name? 
  2.  How and/or why was this business's NAP chosen to be listed, as there are other local businesses that are more relevant to Marvin (have a stronger Marvin presence) and that have much stronger digital presences? 

Hopefully this is an unintended consequence of a recent change that will be corrected soon, but in the meantime, it's causing confusion for searchers and our local dealers, and is not reflecting our brand well. 

Thank you to anyone that can provide some insight! 

MARVIN in local GMB panel.jpg

Re: National brand name showing up in a local business listing

Collaborator ✭ ☆ ☆
# 2
Collaborator ✭ ☆ ☆

It looks to be geo-location specific. I just tried searching for the keywords, "marvin windows and doors" and got your office in Middletown, OH. 

GMB Marvin.PNG

National brand name showing up in a local business listing

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

But that's the problem. We, as the manufacturer, don't have an office in Middletown, OH. THat address appears to the home address of a local construction contractor, Napier Siding and Gutter. 

Additionally, the 513-285-7463 phone number listed appears to maybe be a cell phone number that has changed ownership over time? 

https://www.google.com/search?q=513-285-7463&rlz=1C1CHBF_enUS736US736&oq=513-285-7463&aqs=chrome..69...