My Business
2.2K members online now
2.2K members online now
Has someone else verified your business? Learn how to recover ownership
Guide Me
star_border

My two business listings were wrongly merged in only one.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
My listing Chalet Saudade was merged with another listing that i have, Café Saudade.
  • 2 different business
  • different street
  • different phone number

First business:

Chalet Saudade - Vintage Guest House

Rua Dr. Alfredo da Costa, 21-23, 2710-524 Sintra

For more than two years i had my business "Chalet Saudade" listing at Google Maps.

It's a B&B or Guesthouse located in Rua Dr. Alfredo da Costa, 21 and 23, 2710-524 Sintra, Portugal.

I had manny reviews from guests, photos from the owner and guests, and the "booking or expedia adds" that allow anyone to check availability of my lodging.

But my google listing and reviews and photos from my guests all disappeared.

They were merged with my other business Café Saudade 

Second Business

Café Saudade

Av. Dr. Miguel Bombarda, 6, 2710-590 Sintra

Not only google erased my first business link, but it also seemed to MERGED my listing "Chalet Saudade - Vintage Guest House" with my other business coffeeshop "Café Saudade" that is located in a different street 300m distant.

People that find Café Saudade page on google, may think that my coffeeshop is also a Guest House because the adds of Booking check availability for rooms and guest reviews for rooms that were merged from Chalet Saudade listing to Café Saudade listing

Manny of my guest to Chalet Saudade arrived by train or car. They use the phone to search for the my Guest House Chalet Saudade  and they wrongly and directly go to my coffeeshop Café Saudade, thinking they are going to the Chalet Saudade.

That it's very problematic for us and the clients

Some days ago I add another listing for my first business, the Chalet Saudade, but the merging still persist ?

Hope anyone can help me UNMERGE my 2 bussiness

Best regards

Luís

1 Expert replyverified_user

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

@Luís P

i have a hard time to understand why you can say the two listings are merged;

this is the listing for the cafe https://goo.gl/maps/cWKVSjRq2ts

showing 260 reviews.

This is the listing of the guesthouse https://goo.gl/maps/9A64Ru23i4U2with one review.

Would you mind elaborate why considering both listing as merged?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

For more than two years i had my business "Chalet Saudade" listing at Google Maps.

It's a B&B or Guesthouse located in Rua Dr. Alfredo da Costa, 21 and 23, 2710-524 Sintra, Portugal.

I had manny reviews from guests, photos from the owner and guests, and the "booking or expedia adds" that allow anyone to check availability of my lodging.

But my google listing and reviews and photos from my guests all disappeared.

They were merged with my other business Café Saudade 

Second Business

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi @Helmut Geissler,

Searching on this forum to try and find help for my customer on a sort of similar topic as well. Would love your input. :)

They have a listing in Asheville and a listing in Iowa. Somehow all of their reviews from the Asheville location were merged to their Iowa location. He tried requesting Google to move the reviews but they denied him. He provided a list of all the reviews on the Iowa listing that were supposed to be Asheville. With the list, he shared the facts of why he believed those reviews belonged on the Asheville listing. Such as:
- the content of the review

- the places their other reviews were for

- the location of the reviewer

Additionally, his company does not have other stores in the western part of North Carolina near Asheville, and they have only a few locations spread out in Iowa, so he's pretty confident that it was correct.

Here are those two listings, and I can provide that list of reviews & his research that he shared with them. 

Asheville - https://www.google.com/maps?cid=15376132162345198129

Iowa - https://www.google.com/maps?cid=18066073576915993871

Any thoughts would be much appreciated!

Top Contributor
# 5
Top Contributor

@Crystal S

Please start your own thread providing there all information to understand and investigate your issue
This allows us to keep the forum organized and gives you the attention you need.
This ( https://www.en.advertisercommunity.com/t5/Google-My-Business/ct-p/GMB ) is our top level Community--from there, you can click into the board title that is most applicable for your issue. Once you're in an individual board, you can click on the red/pink + sign in the lower right corner of the screen to start a new topic.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thank you so much for the clarification, Helmut! I've just followed your instructions. Fingers crossed that someone has some advice. :)