AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

My Business
3.8K members online now
3.8K members online now
Has someone else verified your business? Learn how to recover ownership
Guide Me
star_border

My clients business says perm closed

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I have designed a website recently for this guy who is a plumber 'will the plumber' and it's such a shame because he can't get in contact with the previous guy who created it for him so it won't go and it says perm closed? he also has 2 bad reviews of people he has tried to contact in the past and can't use a computer to save his life in order to resolve these issues.

We need this business on google map to delete and so I can start from scratch and control it for him.

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭

You normally can't get a listing completely deleted in order to create a new one. But what you can do is send in an access request to the existing listing to get it fixed.

An email will be sent to the person who originally created the listing for him. That person will have 7 days to reply to the email by either transferring ownership or denying the request (which normally doesn't happen in these cases). If they don't respond to the request at all, on the 8th day, you can contact a Google Rep. and they will release the listing so that you can claim it, get it verified, and correct the information on it. 

As far as the reviews go, you can always try to flag them... but the best course of action is to focus on getting new reviews from happy clients. 

I did report the listing as "open", so we'll see if that gets corrected in the meantime. 

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Sarah, thanks for responding. The only issue is he has tried contacting the guy who created it for him and he can't get in touch with him so it's very difficult and it's so bad for his business when it says permanently closed, he could loose money. 

Regarding comments is there a way you can turn them off so they won't be displayed?

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭

I agree it's definitely bad for business to be marked as closed. Luckily, you don't need to be able to contact the guy who created it. 

If you log into Google My Business and click the plus sign in the lower right corner to 'add a location', you can type in Will The Plumber and it will show you his listing. Click on it, and click continue. It will prompt you request ownership of the listing. It will take a week or so to get it all taken care of, but the effort will definitely be worth it. 

As far as the reviews go, unfortunately, you can't turn them off.