My Business
1.9K members online now
1.9K members online now
Has someone else verified your business? Learn how to recover ownership
Guide Me
star_border

My client is not able to access her old email account which she claimed her business with

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

My client owns a business called Borden Physical Therapy. She claimed this business when she started it many years ago. We have tried to access her business account through all the emails that she knows and uses today.

We suggested a change and somehow the address got approved but we still need to change the phone number. 

Google says that the account that owns the business was claimed under an email starting with BO. We tried bordenphysicaltherapy@gmail.com & @hotmail.com. Neither of those has claimed the business.

We then tried bordenpt@gmail.com which we cannot get the password for. It says we can recover the account with a phone number that ends in 57 but my client does not know any number ending in 57.

I am almost sure that the account used to claim this business is inactive. If it's not then we have no clue who is managing it. My client needs to somehow gain access to the account.

1 Expert replyverified_user

My client is not able to access her old email account which she claimed her business with

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi Trevor, this may not help much but I would say that it's not likely a gmail.com account that owns the listing. The hint typically indicates if it is, so that may at least rule out the bordenpt@gmail.com account.

You can go through the process of requesting ownership of the account. Doing so will trigger an email to be sent to the current owner so hopefully someone will receive it and reach out to you. It's still possible to gain access if there's no response from the owner, it can just take some time. Refer to the "Someone else verified my business" page here: https://support.google.com/business/answer/4566671

Good luck!

TomW, Google My Business Top Contributor
Was your question answered? If so, please mark the post that answered it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

Re: My client is not able to access her old email account which she claimed her business with

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thank you for this, I have started this process. What should I do if nobody
responds? Does google have some sort of phone support too? or email
support?
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Trevor C
October 2016

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

After you fill out the request you should receive an automated email from Google My Business support that tells you what to expect.

The current owner of the listing has 7 days to respond to the transfer request. You may or may not hear anything from GMB support during that time but they'll probably send an update after a couple days. And if you don't hear anything from the current owner after the 7 days has passed you can reply to that initial automated email to move forward with the process.

TomW, Google My Business Top Contributor
Was your question answered? If so, please mark the post that answered it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

Badged Google Partner
# 5
Badged Google Partner

In the future or anyone coming to this thread with a similar issues.  

You can cycle through Google Associated Email Address ( by logging in and then click the url below to see if that email account has access to your business.

If you have a Google My Business account:
Login into Google with the main Google email account and go here to check if an official verified Google my business appears 

In Your Case
The Next steps are  Google will Email in 7 days, if it is not resolved prior. then the next step is to contact support via the request a rep call.  ( the transfer request sends and email to the actual registered owner with your request, hopefully your people get that email and follow the steps, or you know who's email is associated)  

So after 7 days contact support for the next steps.  * be prepared for them to attempt to call the business and speak to the owner, be prepared they may ask you to take pictures of outside signs of the business name etc. and send them  Be prepared they may ask you to forward documents.
Pro Tip:
* in the mean time, save yourself some hassle and make sure the email address you want associated with the GMB profile, is also a Verified through  Google Webmaster Tools / Search Console.    
Google Webmaster Tools / Search Console

To contact support reps and have them call you back.. in your case