AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

My Business
4.1K members online now
4.1K members online now
Has someone else verified your business? Learn how to recover ownership
Guide Me
star_border

My business url is listed correctly on page but goes to wrong address

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

When I search for my business, ex- key west flats fishing, my google business page comes up as normal. When I click the website button, it takes me to the wrong website (ucoats.com). I tried the suggest an edit, but the url listed is the correct address for my business www.keywestflats.net.  How do I get the link to work correctly again? Thanks

1. key west flats and backcountry fishing charters

2. 711 Eisenhower dr, key west, fl, 33040

3. 305-797-2452

4. https://www.google.com/search?source=hp&ei=-1jSWtaAHsSe5gK-h43ABg&q=key+west+flats+fishing&oq=key+we...

5. www.keywestflats.net

Re: My business url is listed correctly on page but goes to wrong address

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 2
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

Captain Mike, 

It appears there is nothing wrong with your Google listing, but with your website itself. When hovering my cursor over "website" I can see it is attempting to take me to KeyWestFlats.net, but after the page loads, it redirects to the other site you mentioned. You may have let your domain expire and it was snagged by another company.

You can also confirm the correct website by logging into your Google My Business dashboard and clicking the pencil on the website section. 

website-problem.pngWebsite appears correct until clicked

My business url is listed correctly on page but goes to wrong address

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thanks for the reply. My domain has never expired.  I checked my website link from a local internet marketing business and it went to my site as it should.  

I follow your instruction and see how that goes. 

Thanks again