AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

My Business
4.5K members online now
4.5K members online now
Has someone else verified your business? Learn how to recover ownership
Guide Me
star_border

My business shows someone else's residential address

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi... Google maps is currently showing three results for my business. I have claimed and verified two of them. The third location shows my business name and phone number but lists someones private residential address. It appears that the incorrect listing has been claimed by someone, so I can only suggest an edit. I've suggested edits with correct address, as well as one that says it never existed. I've had no response and the listing is still showing on Google Maps. How can I have this listing removed?

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: My business shows someone else's residential address

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi @Danielle B

You can probably fix this yourself. 

Go to the 3rd listing on maps, suggest an edit > select "Place is permanently closed or has never existed", > "never existed" from the dropdown list.

Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

Margaret O · Google My Business Top Contributor

Find me on · · my blog

My business shows someone else's residential address

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thanks for the response. I did try that a couple of weeks ago but it still appears on Google Maps. Do you know of any other way to try fixing this on my own?

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Hi @Danielle B

Apologies for the delay in responding. Just discovered you had responded - this forum doesn't always tell us things it should!

Could you provide the following info so we can investigate further?

1. Full business name
2. Current business address
3. Current telephone number
4. Google Maps address
5. Website address (if applicable)

Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

Margaret O · Google My Business Top Contributor

Find me on · · my blog

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi @MargaretO,

I've provided the requested information and I've also attached a screenshot with more info. Thanks for your help with this.

1. Xtreme Green Lawn & Landscape

2. 16850 120th Ave, Suite B, Nunica, MI 49448 and Spring Lake, MI

3. (616) 837-0345

4. 16850 120th Ave, Suite B, Nunica, MI 49448

5. http://www.xtremegreenlawn.com/

Xtreme Green Lawn.png