AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

My Business
4.1K members online now
4.1K members online now
Has someone else verified your business? Learn how to recover ownership
Guide Me
star_border

My business page doesn't show up when you Search our name

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I need help. When you google search: Target Media Partners (my company), our business listing does not show up – a truncated version with no contact information appears. When I access our page from the Business Account, it displays perfectly. 

Image from Business Page Link:

Screen Shot 2018-03-15 at 6.35.33 AM.png

Image from Google after you search: Target Media PartnersScreen Shot 2018-03-15 at 6.36.34 AM.png

How do I get the Business Listings info to show up when users Google Search us?

Collaborator ✭ ☆ ☆
# 2
Collaborator ✭ ☆ ☆

@Target Media P - you can't. Google has updated their algorithm. 

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 3
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

Hi,

When I search for Target Media Partners California, I am able to see the business page.

Thanks 

Collaborator ✭ ☆ ☆
# 4
Collaborator ✭ ☆ ☆

Exactly - because your company is located in that state - if you searched for "Target Media Partners Florida" you wouldn't get it. 

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thanks, Pavithra – but that's not what users organically search for. I need a solution for when users google our name, our biz page shows up. Super goofy that it doesn't work. I appreciate your help though! 

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thanks, Nathan. We are a company with offices all over the country - our home office is in LA. Users won't intuitively add the state name ... they just google the biz name ... but no link to our biz page - very frustrating. 

[ Edited ]
Collaborator ✭ ☆ ☆
# 7
Collaborator ✭ ☆ ☆

I can understand the frustration but Google pushed out the update a little while ago @Target Media P - if you search this forum there are quite of bit of GMB owners with the same issue but there's nothing you can really do.

EDIT: Update - I'm going to steal a response here that might help

Google my Business listing is designed for customers to discover local businesses offering them a face to face service.

Either via a store front they can walk into

or a service at their location, which can be your business premises or hoem by appointment where you do not cater for walkin customers.

These days a lot of searches are made on a mobile location enabled device where the 'in/near location' part is the location of the device.