AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

My Business
2.3K members online now
2.3K members online now
Has someone else verified your business? Learn how to recover ownership
Guide Me
star_border

My business address has the same location as my wife's oooooold business that we want to remove but!

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Like the subject line says, I have just added verified my google my business account (transformerland.com about a week ago).  It has the same physical location of a business my wife set up YEARS ago and no longer uses.  As a result, my business does not appear on google maps since hers 'owns' the spot, I presume.  I also presume, if we were to remove her business, my business would 'take over' the spot, is that correct?

Anyhow, she can't remember her login info (email address, let alone password).  She remembers it was a rando email account she set up to launch the business, but not having accessed it for years, it has been scattered to the wind.

Am I S.O.L in this situation?  Is there no way for her to recover her account credentials?  The phone number displayed when you click her business is the same phone number she uses, can she claim the business that way?  It seems like there has to be SOME way to resolve this, is there not?

1 Expert replyverified_user

My business address has the same location as my wife's oooooold business that we want to remove but!

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi Mattyc,

Have you tried clicking on the suggest an edit link in the wife's previous business and marking it as permanently closed? This should do what you need. It is not unusual for there to be previous businesses at one address since many will lease a space and then move on and a new tenant will take over... and on and on the cycle goes. 

Kind Regards,

James