Has someone else verified your business? Learn how to recover ownership
Guide Me
star_border

My Business is not properly connected to by email address

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello,

I have a  business listing that I have worked extremely hard at acquiring reviews for.  I believe the business is connected to this email address I am using to leave "this" message board posting.  However, when I go into google.com/mybusiness  it does not see the listing...or any other in fact.  If I go out to the business listing and suggest an edit...I get an email notification to this email address I am using to leave "this" message board posting.  Something seems to be messed up on Googles end, as I don't have this issues with other listings.  I do not know where to go for help...as Google has no help line for business listings that I am aware of...has anyone else had this issue? 

1 Expert replyverified_user

My Business is not properly connected to by email address

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Anyone can suggest edits in Google maps, when you do it will send an email to the account you were logged into while suggesting an edit, not to the account the business is verified with. It's likely that you just have the business verified with a different email. 

If you've forgotten the account you verified the profile with, your best option is to follow the steps laid out here. If you're lucky, it will send a notification email to an account you also have control over, and you'll be in right away. Worst case scenario, you'll need to wait 7 days and then contact support and they'll take things from there. Instructions for contacting support should be in your confirmation email after requesting access. 

Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.