2.8K members online now
Has someone else verified your business? Learn how to recover ownership
Guide Me
star_border

Multiple people with different contact info same business name

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I am an independent financial advisor and joined a firm with multiple locations.  At my location there is an advisor who already has the business verified with his contact information.  I have a separate phone number and website.  When I added my biz to google it is saying that it is a duplicate.  What can I do to have my information show?   

1 Expert replyverified_user

Multiple people with different contact info same business name

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi Christopher

I recommend sitting down with the other advisor and cleaning up his GMB listing and yours so they correspond to Google guidelines:

Individual practitioners (e.g. doctors, lawyers, real estate agents)

An individual practitioner is a public-facing professional, typically with his or her own customer base. Doctors, dentists, lawyers, financial planners, and insurance or real estate agents are all individual practitioners. Listings for practitioners may include title or degree certification (e.g. Dr., MD, JD, Esq., CFA).

An individual practitioner should create his or her own dedicated listing if:

• He or she operates in a public-facing role. Support staff should not create their own listings.
  • He or she is directly contactable at the verified location during stated hours.

A practitioner should not have multiple listings to cover all of his or her specializations.

Multiple practitioners at one location

If the practitioner is one of several public-facing practitioners at this location:

• The organization should create a listing for this location, separate from that of the practitioner.
  • The title of the listing for the practitioner should include only the name of the practitioner, and shouldn’t include the name of the organization.

Solo practitioners that belong to branded organizations

If a practitioner is the only public-facing practitioner at a location and represents a branded organization, it's best for the practitioner to share a listing with the organization. Create a single listing, named using the following format: [brand/company]: [practitioner name].

Acceptable: "Allstate: Joe Miller" (if Joe is the sole public-facing practitioner at this Allstate-branded location)

Priya Chandra, Google My Business Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.
-----------------------------------
Follow me on Twitter  |   Connect on G+  |   Read my Blog