AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

My Business
4.9K members online now
4.9K members online now
Has someone else verified your business? Learn how to recover ownership
Guide Me
star_border

Multiple businesses in the same location

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I'm struggling with verifying 2 different dental practices that share 2 locations ( exact same offices - in 2 different cities).

One owner, owns Business A AND Business B.

( currently has 2 GoogleMyBusiness locations in account for each business - 4 listings total)

OWNER has 2 locations ...City ONE and City TWO.

Business A occupies City A location on Monday and Tues.

Business A Occupies City B location on Wed. and Thursday.

Business B occupies City B location on Monday and Tues.

Business B Occupies City A location on Wed. and Thursday.

The original account was created in the OWNER's name. I'd like to create individual accounts for Business A and Business B.

Then I'd like to transfer the OWNERS listings to the appropriate new business acct.

Then I'd like to verify them so that they appear in Google.

Google's description of every process doesn't seem to match their support docs.

So, I'm turning to the Forum for guidance.

Do I delete the OWNER's current listings, create Business accounts for A & B, then attempt to verify 2 businesses in the same locations?

Thanks in advance for any assistance.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Aaron D
May 2016

Re: Multiple businesses in the same location

[ Edited ]
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Aaron,

So correct me if this is not what you were meaning you'd like:

Currently all 4 listings are in 1 account and you are the owner on ALL 4 listings using the Owner's account, but you'd like:

Business A Account
City A, City B

Business B Account
City A, City B

My suggestion would be to create a 2nd gmail that you could transfer ownership of the Business B listings to, so that you would be left with:

Business A Account - Using Owner's current gmail
City A, City B

Business B Account - New Gmail
City A, City B

To do so will be a multi step process. *Again please interrupt me here if this is not what you meant*

1) Make a gmail that at the end will be the new owner of 2 locations of Business B
2) Log into the existing Owner's account that has all 4 listings.
3) Make the new gmail a manager of both Business B locations. To do this:
- select the first business B location - ie: Business B, City A
- select the top left menu and towards the bottom select manager

- invite the newly created gmail

- repeat for 2nd Business B location -- ie: Business B, City B

4) Next you'll need to wait 24 hours (Google Policy) before you can make these new managers into owners.

5) After waiting, go back into this manager section for Business B locations and update your manager status to owner status.

- great! Now in this owner account (the original account you started with) you should be an owner of Business A - both locations, and a manager of Business B (both locations) - because your new gmail is now the owner of Business B (both locations).

6) Now log out of the owner account and into the new gmail - you see your 2 locations of Business B correct? 

7) Select "Manage Location" for City A and select the top left menu and go to the manager section.

- You should be an owner of this listing (Business B, City A) and there should be an x next to the Owner's account (original account) that is now a manager. Select x to remove the manager - this will remove the original account from accessing Business B, City A.

- Repeat this process of removing the original account manager access for Business B, City B.

Now you should have Business A (2 locations) in the original account and Business B (2 locations) in a new gmail.

Hope this helps! Please feel free to reply if this is not what you were intending. Here is a link to the GMB Help section for ownership transfer: https://support.google.com/business/answer/3415281?hl=en

Thanks,

Meghan

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Aaron D
May 2016

[ Edited ]
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Aaron,

So correct me if this is not what you were meaning you'd like:

Currently all 4 listings are in 1 account and you are the owner on ALL 4 listings using the Owner's account, but you'd like:

Business A Account
City A, City B

Business B Account
City A, City B

My suggestion would be to create a 2nd gmail that you could transfer ownership of the Business B listings to, so that you would be left with:

Business A Account - Using Owner's current gmail
City A, City B

Business B Account - New Gmail
City A, City B

To do so will be a multi step process. *Again please interrupt me here if this is not what you meant*

1) Make a gmail that at the end will be the new owner of 2 locations of Business B
2) Log into the existing Owner's account that has all 4 listings.
3) Make the new gmail a manager of both Business B locations. To do this:
- select the first business B location - ie: Business B, City A
- select the top left menu and towards the bottom select manager

- invite the newly created gmail

- repeat for 2nd Business B location -- ie: Business B, City B

4) Next you'll need to wait 24 hours (Google Policy) before you can make these new managers into owners.

5) After waiting, go back into this manager section for Business B locations and update your manager status to owner status.

- great! Now in this owner account (the original account you started with) you should be an owner of Business A - both locations, and a manager of Business B (both locations) - because your new gmail is now the owner of Business B (both locations).

6) Now log out of the owner account and into the new gmail - you see your 2 locations of Business B correct? 

7) Select "Manage Location" for City A and select the top left menu and go to the manager section.

- You should be an owner of this listing (Business B, City A) and there should be an x next to the Owner's account (original account) that is now a manager. Select x to remove the manager - this will remove the original account from accessing Business B, City A.

- Repeat this process of removing the original account manager access for Business B, City B.

Now you should have Business A (2 locations) in the original account and Business B (2 locations) in a new gmail.

Hope this helps! Please feel free to reply if this is not what you were intending. Here is a link to the GMB Help section for ownership transfer: https://support.google.com/business/answer/3415281?hl=en

Thanks,

Meghan

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thx Megan - I'll implement your solution. Thanks for the detailed response ; )