6K members online now
Has someone else verified your business? Learn how to recover ownership
Guide Me
star_border

Multiple businesses in the same location

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Our company runs itself as two companies, which are legally separate entities, they have different phone numbers, websites, and offer different products and services. However, they are at the same address. I have registered both of these business in Google My Business but under status, both say "Duplicate addresses". Is this going to be an issue or should I just ignore it so long as both are set up and appearing in search results?

Business A:

J.H. Bennett & Company

22975 Venture Dr., Novi, MI 48375

(800) 837-5426

plus.google.com/116367525920652203121

Business B:

ICOM1 Filtration

22975 Venture Dr., Novi, MI 48375

(248) 596-5200

plus.google.com/102876779437831329474

Thanks in advance for your help!

2 Expert replyverified_user
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Manoj S (Google Employee)
April 2016

Re: Multiple businesses in the same location

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
You should be able and allowed to set up and verify complete different businesses for the same address in your dashboard of GMB

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
thank you

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

@Helmut G is completely correct. To add to that, it sounds like you're looking at your two businesses in 'list' view, it's telling you there's a duplicate address to help make sure you didn't make a mistake on your end. Might seem strange since you only have two businesses, but if you have 500 in your dashboard, it's a useful little nudge to make sure that the wrong address wasn't accidentally copied into another location's address field. 

Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thanks for your answer. one doubt google will verify same address multiple keywords i mean multiple products and services

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I am having the same issue and I have gone through the verification process but it still will not let me verify as it is stating that I have a duplicate.

Top Contributor
# 7
Top Contributor

@Berlin B

Please start your own thread providing there all information to understand and investigate your issue
This allows us to keep the forum organized and gives you the attention you need.
This ( https://www.en.advertisercommunity.com/t5/Google-My-Business/ct-p/GMB ) is our top level Community--from there, you can click into the board title that is most applicable for your issue. Once you're in an individual board, you can click on the red/pink + sign in the lower right corner of the screen to start a new topic.

I will now closed this very old thread for new replies