My Business
1.9K members online now
1.9K members online now
Has someone else verified your business? Learn how to recover ownership
Guide Me
star_border

Multiple Businesses, Same Address - Google Maps SEO issue?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Is it true that multiple businesses verified at the same address will affect SEO for each business? Will only one pop up? Or would it be recommended that each business use a slightly different address? ie. use a Suite # or something. Please, advise. Thanks for anything!

1. Gault Law
2. 352 Elgin St, Ottawa, ON K2P 1M8, Canada
3. 343.300.0700
4. https://plus.google.com/111542017373421248574?utm_source=wnc_594503&utm_medium=gamma&utm_campaign=wn...

1 Expert replyverified_user
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Elizabeth B
March 2016

Re: Multiple Businesses, Same Address - Google Maps SEO issue?

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi @Elizabeth B

Not really, if they are separate businesses, with own tel number.

However in the real world they would have a suite or office or floor, you would not have 10 businesses at 1 address in the same room.

So, it would be ideal to have a differentiator, but if not, it wont be a problem.

PS: The business page you are referring to is a "ghost page" and unverified which means it is not visible in search or maps: https://plus.google.com/111542017373421248574/about

What Message is Google displaying in your business page admin area ?

Tim Capper, Google My Business Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

Find me on: Google+ | Twitter | Facebook | Linkedin
Tim operates a bespoke Local SEO Consultancy in the UK, Online Ownership

Re: Multiple Businesses, Same Address - Google Maps SEO issue?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thanks, Tim. The google+ page I listed is for the client of mine that I have yet to verify because I didn't want to interfere with the other business listed at the same address. Your answer was helpful, thanks - I think I can proceed with the verification now with confidence. Thanks again!