2.8K members online now
Has someone else verified your business? Learn how to recover ownership
Guide Me
star_border

Messed up Google+ Accounts / Page / Profile

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

My name is Nicky and I took over a business that my dad set up called Taxi Vans Cardiff, a removals company here in South Wales. I have a problem with my Google+ page. My business doesnt show up at all properly, and the name and reviews seem misplaced against another profile or page.

Whenever you typed in ‘House Removals Cardiff’ into Google my company would come up quite high in the rankings where you are shown the map. It would have a Google marker on the map, and you could get directions to it. This is all gone. When my dad had the business, the address was Broadway, in Cardiff, and when I took over it, it was Eleanor Place. Both of these business addresses were listed on the map.

We never had control over the Google+ that appeared to exist for the Broadway address in Cardiff, and couldn’t change it, therefore we created the new page, which is the current one we now add content to. Everything has been fine until about two weeks ago.

Three accounts that are known of:

valehandyguide@gmail.com

taxivanscardiff@gmail.com

Steve@70broadway.com

The top account ‘valehandyguide’ has three Google+ pages attached to it. One is the Taxi Vans page that we currently add content to, its address is this one:

https://plus.google.com/107049336602204770756/posts

Other pages on that account include a house clearance page, and sample ‘fishmongers’ page. 

The second email account, seems to have a pretty much blank profile page set up for it, but no Google+ page, although this is the email address I use for my business.

The third account is one that my dad uses. It has no association with any Google+ page at all, it looks like a new account.

When you type in ‘House Removals Cardiff’ into Google search, it comes up with A, B and C.

1. Vale Removals & Storage
  2. Movers of Cardiff-House Removals-and-Man Van service
  3. Cardiff House Clearance

That option C, was actually my Taxi Vans Cardiff option. When you click it, it opens up the map view, and shows ‘Cardiff House Clearance’. All of those stats are from my Taxi Vans Cardiff page. It has the wrong name, address and telephone number which refer somehow to my dad’s business, and not mine. All of those reviews and the five star ratings belong to me and Taxi Vans Cardiff. You can read them, my name, Nicky is mentioned in the reviews, as is my company name.

I’ve clicked on ‘suggest an edit’ and that’s been accepted, but I don’t know if anything is going to be done about this.  I don’t know where those reviews are now kept, they are not associated with the ‘correct’ Taxi Vans Google+ page, because when I choose ‘Reviews’ it says there are none. So I don’t know whether they have been linked with the old orginal ‘Broadway’ addressed Google+ page, which doesn’t seem to exist anymore – despite those reviews existing. There is no Cardiff House Clearance Google+ page, so this is all very baffling.

I’m very concerned that Google has things wrong, and now I feel my business could feel the impact from this. I’m not getting many phone calls since I’ve discovered this. So any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you.

Nicky

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Messed up Google+ Accounts / Page / Profile

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Hi Nicky

After taking a few minutes to investigate, part of the problem is that you have several pages for the businesses. Please clean up the pages you have for your businesses and we can have another a look then.

As per the guidelines:
"Service-area businesses--business that serve customers at their locations--should have one page for the central office or location and designate a service area from that point. If you wish to display your complete business address while setting your service area(s), your business location should be staffed and able to receive customers during its stated hours."
https://support.google.com/business/answer/3038177

Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

Margaret O · Google My Business Top Contributor

Find me on · · my blog

s s
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
s s
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Dear Mam

Plz start my listing

Thanks
sharma

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Sharma - please start a new thread - it's important to keep topics separate to avoid confusion between conversations.
And please clarify what you mean by "start my listing", I don't understand.

Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

Find me on · · my blog

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Margaret

This is the confusing part for me. I am uncertain as to what I can do now. When I'm logged in as the account I use, (this one my <edited by a Community Manager as noted below> Google My Business shows me 3 the three separate pages I would like.
- House Removals Barry
- Blossom's Fish Market
- Taxi Vans Cardiff- House Removals
Its the latter I'm concerned with as the other two are not published. They are 'ventures' that I'll pursue at a later date. Or do you mean that I shouldn't have them under this account, in which case I can delete them.

What confuses me even more was, that there was a Google+ page that my dad had, had set up for himself when he ran the business 'Taxi Vans Cardiff' and it used to be on the maps listed at the Broadway address in Cardiff, before I took over, and that no longer exists, and I wonder if the misplaced 'Reviews' were associated with that. From what little digging around I did, I was told that account had an email address linked to it which was ed*******@gmail.com (I was only told the first two letters of the account) This means nothing to me, nor my dad.

I guess what I'm saying is, and I'm sorry if I don't appear to understand, it's only as this seems to be a bit of a minefield to get my head around, and I'm not sure what to 'clean' up in the first instance for you. If you can point me in the right direction that would be amazing.

Thank you for looking into this for me.
Nicky

Note: this post has been edited by a Community Manager, per Community Guidelines, in order to remove contact information. This is done to protect account security and privacy.

Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor
Hi Nicky

Ok so now I'm confused ;-), let me see if I have this correct now. I think we have 2 problems?

1 - Taxi Vans Cardiff
You had a page called "Taxi Vans Cardiff" -
https://plus.google.com/107049336602204770756
You also have a page you post to, called Vale Handy Guide, that has posts about taxi vans cardiff.
https://plus.google.com/102332137059883345429
There were other pages about the same business, both are now taken down.
https://plus.google.com/102710327255947623958
https://plus.google.com/115712068557851114075
One of these was possibly one your father had, as prior to now I could see it had a broadway address. That's possibly the one you're referring to that had a pin and directions.

Having a pin and ability to get directions indicates the listing was a set up as a shopfront, not a service area business. Based on what I understand about your business, it should be set up as a service area and won't have those features. The 0756 page is set up as a service area business.

Reviews typically stay with the address, unless the business owner works with Google to move the reviews to a new location. So from that aspect, contacting Google support will be your best bet to get your reviews back.

2 - Cardiff House Clearance
Can you provide the URL of the page? There are multiple pages with those words in the title, could you clarify which one is yours?
When I search for a page called CHC, and has a review about TVC, I get a page that is another page entirely...
https://www.google.com.au/search?q=site%3Aplus.google.com+%22cardiff+house+clearance%22+%22Taxi+Vans...
This does look as though Google has gotten confused, but I want to be sure I understand things correctly.

Find me on · · my blog

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Margaret

Sorry it's all confusing you can imagine how I feel.

It probably doesnt help matters because to me it seems a little bit confusing how the hierarchical layout of the account works. My own personal email account is a Hotmail one, so when it came to he point in time when I decided I wanted a Google+ page, I decided to login with an email address which was my valehandyguide@gmail.com account. I used this for general purpose emails, for a local flyer that I had made in the past, so thats how that account came about.

Once logged into Google with that account at that level, I then proceded to created the separate pages under it, one of which is the Taxi Vans Cardiff page. That page is this one: https://plus.google.com/107049336602204770756 .

This page: https://plus.google.com/102332137059883345429/posts I figured was my profile page as such for myself, and in hindsight at the beginning of May realised that the posts shouldnt really be being posted as Vale Handy Guide, but rather Taxi Vans Cardiff, so I stopped doing that. I'd installed the Google Business and Google+ app on my phone at this point.

Regarding the two taken down pages, one of which yes was probably my fathers page the one at 'Broadway' in Cardiff, as to the other one I have no idea. All I know is that my current one did have a Google pin on it, and was correctly marked on the mark, albeit it had the icons of two faces, ie. for theatre or something (that is by the by though now). The reasoning behind having the business address and the pin marker was so that people in Cardiff would be able to search on their phone for companies 'nearby' and it did seem to work well.

So, you are correct there are two issues, the first is I'd like to get my business back on the map with the business address pointing to Eleanor Place in Cardiff, as per the address on the Google+ page, and the second problem, is the matter of the Cardiff House Clearance.

Now, this is indeed a strange one, I have screen prints which I'm unable to post for some reason, but since your response this morning I cannot find that anymore. When I was doing a general Google search for the keywords "House Removals Cardiff" My business 'Taxi Vans Cardiff' was always listed as the third option on that alphabetic list. With working website link, and directions. It was only until the other day I had noticed that this was no longer the case and it had changed to 'Cardiff House Clearance' with my fathers email and phone number - but still in that third position in that search. I was able a few days ago to click on that info to 'suggest an edit' so I typed in what I wanted it to be, ie. Taxi Vans Cardiff, Eleanor Place, Cardiff etc...website and so on, and had the notification saying those would be reviewed. Now whether or not those changes have been reviewed and are now active as a result of that, I do not know, but what concerns me is that I'm now not even on that list, and I was third place. So this is something I'd like to get resolved please.

Lastly, going back to you point about the reviews and moving them to the new location by contacting Google support in order to get them back, I'm keen to do, if you can point me in the right direction.

Thank you for your time
Nicky

Top Contributor
# 8
Top Contributor
Hi nicky

Okay - as far as the pin on the map goes - per the guidelines
"If you wish to display your complete business address while setting your service area(s), your business location should be staffed and able to receive customers during its stated hours."
If that is the case, then you can tick the "I serve customers at my business address" box below the address and it will show the address.
If the address on the 0756 listing is incorrect, you can update that as well. It may, however, trigger a verification email.

To contact support > https://support.google.com/business/contactflow. Explain your situation with regards to the multiple pages and the reviews and they may be able to help you get those reviews moved to the 0756 page.

The TVC page does still show on the map and is currently showing (for me anyway) in 6th position.

Is this page one of yours as well? https://plus.google.com/116312392621055397097. Per the guidelines:
"Service-area businesses--business that serve customers at their locations--should have one page for the central office or location and designate a service area from that point."

Not sure how to help you with the CHC page without knowing the page in question.

Find me on · · my blog