AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

My Business
2.4K members online now
2.4K members online now
Has someone else verified your business? Learn how to recover ownership
Guide Me
star_border

Merging 3 accounts

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I'm working with a client, and they've given me login details for the three accounts that they use for Google.  They were all created at separate times by separate people.

Let me explain the 3 accounts.

Account A - used to manage the mybusiness listing (how the business looks when it comes up in google maps)

Account B - a brand account. Google - no email address to login with, it's hard for me to find how to access it, but I found it when logged into account A

Account C - a brand account. Youtube

Here's the issue.  The mybusiness page shows their website.  When you search for them in google maps, it shows all the info, except for the website.  I've used my account to suggest an edit, and I get a notification that the website has been added, but it never shows up.  I've used the Account A to do that too, with the same result.  When I'm logged in as Account A in the mybusiness admin side, it shows the website, it's just not showing on the public view in maps.

I'm thinking that it might be best to setup Account B with a proper account to login with, and then merge everything to that account.  Is that even possible?

I need help.  I've tried, and it seems that I'm just clicking in circles.

1 Expert replyverified_user

Merging 3 accounts

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Is anyone able to help?

Merging 3 accounts

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

Hi @David P

Only  "account A" is in the scope of this GMB forum.

Since Google (last fall) totally separated G+and YT from GMB they also deprecated all functionality to connect or merge  G+or YT accounts with  GMB accounts.

There is no option anymore to merge all three accounts. 

Merging 3 accounts

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thank you Helmut.

So here's an odd thing, forgetting about merging them, updates to the URL for the site aren't being reflected in the business listing when someone searches for the company.

Merging 3 accounts

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi @Helmut Geissler, is it possible to grant permissions for one account to all, and then remove the other accounts?  What do you think the best route forward is?  My client wants to have one account managing it all.

Merging 3 accounts

Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor

As  far I understood  your (or your clients) starting position I don't think it is possible

Merging 3 accounts

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thank you.

The issue that I really need to address is why the URL isn't showing up in the business listing, despite submitting the information (and receive email confirmations that the website has been approved), and it shows on the backend when we login to the business and look at the details.