2.8K members online now
Has someone else verified your business? Learn how to recover ownership
Guide Me
star_border

Merged Business Listing

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

My business listing was merged with another business listing using the same address.  How has this happened?  

1 Expert replyverified_user

Merged Business Listing

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi Caroline

This could be that Google has the two business confused as one in the same. This happens more easily if both businesses are the same category or closely related categories.

Could you provide more information so we can investigate this further?
1. Full business name
2. Current business address
3. Current telephone number
4. Google Maps address
5. Website address (if applicable)

Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

Margaret O · Google My Business Top Contributor

Find me on · · my blog

Merged Business Listing

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thank you for your reply Margaret.  In 2010 / 2011 I created a business listing which was verified by postcard.  At some point the other business, which was exact in nature and at the same address created their own business listing.   It was discovered last year by the other business that their details had become merged with mine, so although my name and number remained, her website details and reviews were on my original listing.  On removing my listing, the two listings 'untangled' and her reviews, website etc returned to her listing.  So, are you suggesting a google 'merging' algorithm blended the two business resulting in the confusion?