AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

My Business
4.6K members online now
4.6K members online now
Has someone else verified your business? Learn how to recover ownership
Guide Me
star_border

Merge two locations

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

This is not necessarily an ownership conflict, as I am the Primary Owner on both accounts.
The business I am inquiring about is Hannah House, Inc. located at 418 S. 17th Street, Fort Smith, AR. My work phone is 479.782.0005. he map URL is: https://www.google.com/maps?cid=5427900791973299857&hl=en&_ga=2.32972221.2096896402.1512431429-10416...

Here is the issue:
We took over the social media marketing for this business. They didn't know they had a G+ page, so we created one with their official name "Hannah House, Inc.). Then we discovered there was a "Hannah House Fort Smith" page that was at the map URL listed above. We tried unsuccessfully to delete/remove/gain control of that page for a while, but I was finally able to become the Primary Owner of that page. Once I did become the owner, my other page was marked as a duplicate and unpublished. I have tried now for several weeks (over a month) to try and merge the two pages and cannot. I have even renamed the old "Hannah House Fort Smith" page to match the other page "Hannah House, Inc.". I am the primary owner on both.
Yes, I could probably delete the second page that was made, but it has many posts from the last several months whereas the old page has one or two posts and was never used. I can go in and delete the old page, that I now am the primary owner of, but it doesn't actually delete, it just leaves my account but is still there to be found on G+.
HELP!
This is a big issue that we really need corrected. I have tried following the instructions that are given on the duplicate, unpublished page, but all it really wants is for me to do is either delete that page (which is not what I want since it has all of the posts on it) or follow merge instructions that do not work,.
Any help is greatly appreciated.
Thanks.

Merge two locations

Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭

@Rob Norman

Are you talking about having 2 G Maps listings? Or G+ pages? 2 totally separate things now.

Re: Merge two locations

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
They both show up in the MyBusiness dashboard, except now the first second
one is unpublished because when I gained control of the first one (that was
not known about) it was determined that it was a duplicate location.
However, the second one is the one with the most posts.
As I mentioned in my question, I could (would be willing) to delete the old
one, since I have control over it, if it would really disappear, but it
won't and is still there for people to see and find, just not in mu account
(dashboard) any longer.

This email and any files transmitted with it are confidential and intended solely for the use of the individual or entity to whom they are addressed. This message may contain confidential information and is intended only for the individual named. If you are not the named addressee you should not disseminate, distribute or copy this e-mail. Please notify the sender immediately by e-mail if you have received this e-mail by mistake and delete this e-mail from your system. If you are not the intended recipient you are notified that disclosing, copying, distributing or taking any action in reliance on the contents of this information is strictly prohibited.

Merge two locations

Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭

@Rob Norman

Edit both locations so the info matches each other EXACTLY. Then remove the one you don't want to keep from your dash. This will make it become unclaimed, but still show on maps. Verify the other, if you have not done so already. Now, you should have the one you want to control in your dash (claimed) and the other one should be on maps (unclaimed). Once that's done, contact GMB support on Twitter or Facebook (best way IMO) and ask them to merge the 2. They typically will not merge 2 claimed listings, so that's why the one you want needs to be claimed in your dash and the other needs to be unclaimed.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
What's the FB or Twitter support address?

This email and any files transmitted with it are confidential and intended solely for the use of the individual or entity to whom they are addressed. This message may contain confidential information and is intended only for the individual named. If you are not the named addressee you should not disseminate, distribute or copy this e-mail. Please notify the sender immediately by e-mail if you have received this e-mail by mistake and delete this e-mail from your system. If you are not the intended recipient you are notified that disclosing, copying, distributing or taking any action in reliance on the contents of this information is strictly prohibited.

Merge two locations

Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭

@GoogleMyBiz (Twitter) and @GoogleMyBusiness (FB)

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thanks Scott. I'll follow up with them soon.
I had thought about doing what you had suggested up to the point of getting
them to merge the two. That was the missing part that I didn't have.