AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

My Business
1.8K members online now
1.8K members online now
Has someone else verified your business? Learn how to recover ownership
Guide Me
star_border

Merge accounts?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hopefully, I am posting this in the correct forum. I manage the google accounts in our dental practice. In the past, all three of the doctors had their own google listings, but we recently re-branding our office giving it a practice name that we would like all three of the doctors under. I'm wondering if there is a way that we can combine all 3 of them into one? One doctor, it looks like might have a duplicate listing, I'm having a hard time telling.

We'd like them all to go under the listing for Yellow House Dental & Implant Center-Kurt Loveless, D.D.S. & Dallen Ricks, D.D.S.

Google URL: https://www.google.com/maps/place/Yellow+House+Dental+%26+Implant+Center-Kurt+Loveless,+D.D.S.+%26+D...

The listings we want to be merged into the above listing are:

Dallen Ricks, D.D.S. 

https://www.google.com/maps/place/Dallen+Ricks,+D.D.S/@33.5713455,-101.9055745,15z/data=!4m5!3m4!1s0...

James Lemon, D.D.S.

https://www.google.com/maps/place/James+C.+Lemon,+D.D.S./@33.5713415,-101.9055814,15z/data=!4m5!3m4!...

All three have the current address of 2420 Quaker Ave., Suite 104 Lubbock, TX 79410 and the phone number of 806-797-0341. I'm not seeing a URL for the duplicate listing, but when I look on our account I have 2 for Dallen Ricks, D.D.S. My guess is that one of them is not published?? I'm unsure.

Neither of these other two listings has anything on them, we'd just like them all on one to eliminate confusion to anyone looking for us. I'm unsure of exactly what to do from here, so any help or direction would be greatly appreciated.

1 Expert replyverified_user

Merge accounts?

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 2
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

Hey there. We had the same issue for our Chiropractic office.

Hate to be the one that tells you that Google has no good answers for this kind of situation.

I've tried to contact someone with half a brain over at Google but so far have gotten nothing but useless information.

Only bit of info I've gotten that might work for you is:

"...contact support and ask them to MARK as MOVED into your verified page."

Supposedly that should combine the listings?

Good luck!

Re: Merge accounts?

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

Hi @Danielle G

Firstly, Do you have access to the accounts, because those three are verified.

In order to have them moved into 1 main location they cannot be verified.

If you do have access to the accounts, you will need to delete the business page. Once deleted they become unverified within Maps.

Then you can contact business support and ask them to move / merge the unverified Maps listings into your 1 verified location.

(This does work for people with half a brain and use it all the time for clients)

Contact Business Support 

https://support.google.com/business/contact/business_c2c_l?rd=3#

OR - Go to Dashboard >> Manage Location

Top Right ( Hamburger Menu ) >> Support

Contact Business Support.png

Select Support >> Help Menu Pops Up

Scroll Down to Email

Contact Business Support Email and Call Back.png

Fill in the details >> Request Call Back or Email

Tim Capper, Google My Business Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

Find me on: Google+ | Twitter | Facebook | Linkedin
Tim operates a bespoke Local SEO Consultancy in the UK, Online Ownership

Merge accounts?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

@Tim Capper Thank you for your help!

For anyone in a similar situation. Support said that they could not merge the pages. So long as there is more than one practitioner within the practice they will have their own Google My Business page and it won't be seen as a duplicate listing. Their advice was to verify the doctor pages and mark them as 'closed permanently'. According to support, it goes against Google policy...

Not my favorite answer, but seems like I have no choice at this point. A frustrating situation all of the way around.

Re: Merge accounts?

Top Contributor
# 5
Top Contributor

Thanks for the feedback @Danielle G

Tim Capper, Google My Business Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

Find me on: Google+ | Twitter | Facebook | Linkedin
Tim operates a bespoke Local SEO Consultancy in the UK, Online Ownership