AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

My Business
5.1K members online now
5.1K members online now
Has someone else verified your business? Learn how to recover ownership
Guide Me
star_border

Merge Current Google+ Brand Page with automated Google My Business/Maps Listing (recently claimed)

Badged Google Partner
# 1
Badged Google Partner

I have a Google+ Brand Page that I keep up to date: 

https://plus.google.com/+Rabellcreative

I intentionally did not add my address to this page originally because I work from home. So I made it a "brand page" with no address.

But I recently discovered and claimed this old, outdated Google My Business Listing that was apparently created automatically by Google from local data:

https://goo.gl/maps/Wa7G89WWtEQ2

I want to merge this with my Google+ page. I do not want or need duplicate listings. My business has actually moved  to Nashville, TN, so the old listing in NC is not even accurate anymore.

Before I update the address on the old/automated listing to TN, I wanted to see if there is any way to merge these accounts? Reading other forum posts and it looks like this option has been removed and now we have to just report it to google? How do I do that?

1 Expert replyverified_user

Merge Current Google+ Brand Page with automated Google My Business/Maps Listing (recently claimed)

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Nope @Laura R

there is no more an option tomerge a brand page with a GMB listing.

(whai still is possible would be this: "enabling" a certain GMB listing for  a G+ brandpage)

But this doesn'tmake sense for the outdated listing.

I therefore recommend you to manage to get for the new address an working listing an then to "enable" this for your G+ page.

BTW the "outdated" listing looks being a claimed listing.

It's definetively not created by Google - This listing has already been verified by La…@…. If you own this email address,

You should try reporting it as closed.