2.5K members online now
Has someone else verified your business? Learn how to recover ownership
Guide Me
star_border

Manager invite emails will not go through

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I have tried to send my personal account a manager request from the Google account I am typing this message on multiple times. Each time it shows my personal account as "invited" but my personal account never actually receives any email about it.

Can someone help me?

The ultimate goal here is to transfer ownership of my YouTube page to my personal account, but I cannot do that if it won't send the manager acceptance email to me!

2 Expert replyverified_user
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Manoj S (Google Employee)
April 2016

Re: Manager invite emails will not go through

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
do yo send the invite to an email address and is this email tied with a Google Account already?

If so the invite mail should arrive in the mail account of the invited account
It can found if you search the mail stream for this query "invited you to become a manager of"
See also my response in here: "How do I see invitations to manage a page / What pages I manage?" (https://goo.gl/gw19O2)

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 3
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
Just to add to what Helmut suggested, in practice you don't need to get the email invite.

Here is the work-around:

1. Sign in to Google with the email you invited to manage the Page

2. Open the Google+ Page

3. make sure you are switched to using "Classic" Google+, not the new Google+ Preview (you can switch back to Classic by clicking the link at the bottom left of the page)

4. You should see a banner at the top of the Google+ Page that indicates you were invited to manage the Page

5. Click the button on the banner to accept the invitation

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

@SecretXBL:

just a side note to the  correct workaround of @Peggy K

Her first point "Sign in to Google with the email you invited to manage the Page" is more or less equivalent with my question "did you send the invite to an email address and is this email tied with a Google Account already?"

If not you can't get the  invite working.

Neither through my steps nor through Peggys steps

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
@helmutgeissler Well, I have the same issue. I sent the invitation to 2 of my gmail accounts, just to test, since I've been trying to add one of them for a while but haven't received the email invitation. The new one got it, but the one that I've been trying to add, still isn't working. It doesn't come in my inbox at all, and search by every key words and titles on the "All mail" box, it is not there either. I checked if I had any filter, and no filter is set to redirect any email from google at all. What am I missing?

Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor

@Katia B

I have no clue what you (or Google) made wrong.

Perhaps we make a try.

Send me one of the not working mail addresses.

In case you prefer not to post such gmail address here in the public you  can use my form:

you can contact me offline the forum through this form after reading it's disclaimer

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Here’s another place to look
In the New G+ on the left hand Navigation bar under settings
Then under the Notification heading and expand “Communications about Google+ Pages” and “Communities”
You will need to turn on the “Invites you to…” selections there.
Not sure which one did it as I enabled them both to get it working for me, probably just the “…Manage the Google+ pages” one.
Then have them send the invite again, thats when I finally got the email

Community Manager
# 8
Community Manager
This older "Solved" thread has been closed to new replies. 

Should anyone have a new or unanswered question related to this topic, please start a new thread and post a clear, specific and detailed question that describes your particular situation.

This will improve the visibility of any new questions as well as help other forum members to understand your question fully, and answer it in a useful and effective way

To start a new thread, please go to the top level of the Google My Business Community, and from there, click on the board that is most closely related to your question. After that, you can click on the pink "+" sign in the lower right corner of the screen to start a new topic.

Thank you.

Top Contributor
# 9
Top Contributor

@ Oliver Bryan:

I would be able to use your amail to invite you as manager - of course didn't finish this.

And stop contacting me in future - start an own thread 

Please start your own thread providing there all information to understand and investigate your issue
This allows us to keep the forum organized and gives you the attention you need.
This ( https://www.en.advertisercommunity.com/t5/Google-My-Business/ct-p/GMB ) is our top level Community--from there, you can click into the board title that is most applicable for your issue. Once you're in an individual board, you can click on the red/pink + sign in the lower right corner of the screen to start a new topic.

Top Contributor
# 10
Top Contributor

attention: according user @Aldert B  as per 

Not receiving invitation (using Gmail-account) from various users to managea location

the above mentiones and explained workaround sem not working anymore since G+ is removed from GoogleMyBusiness dahsboard.

As Aldert  B mentioned today and I also figured out with an other User  Nikolas the missing invite issue seems happen account related. As Aldert and Nikolas confirmed it could help to use an other Google account in order to get the invite received and acceptable.