AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

My Business
2.3K members online now
2.3K members online now
Has someone else verified your business? Learn how to recover ownership
Guide Me
star_border

Manage accounts on behalf of business owners

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

We are merging Google Apps accounts, which requires me to delete accounts in one Google Apps account to recreate them in the main Google Apps account prior to moving over the domain.

What happens if I delete the Google Apps owner of the Google My Business page?  Will the manager become the owner?  If not, will I be able to reclaim the listing with the new account (same email address) under the new Google Apps account?

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Manage accounts on behalf of business owners

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Hi Mario
Have you considered transferring ownership of the page to a different email address, and after the apps changeover is in place, transfer it back. That way you won't put the page at any risk of the system getting confused about an email account being deleted / reinstated.
AFAIK, the manager of the page would not default as the owner.
https://support.google.com/business/answer/3415281

Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

Margaret O · Google My Business Top Contributor

Find me on · · my blog

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Unfortunately there's a 24hr wait before a manager can be assigned the new owner and I have to finish the migration before 9am tomorrow morning :/

So, it looks like I'll have to delete the accounts. I'm just wondering if I can either more easily have the manager claim the page, or if the new owner (with the same email address) will be able to reclaim it more easily without having to go through the whole postcard validation.

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor
Hi Mario
I think Colan has also answered the question in another thread - will leave you to follow his guidance.

Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

Margaret O · Google My Business Top Contributor

Find me on · · my blog